New GPS Receiver on the market

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mounted mine on the tank, as forward as I could. Instructions say it has to be mounted perfectly horizontal so positioning is very restrictive. Is the process of refund through vendor and PZRacing. Will keep you informed.
A guy in our garage had an Aim Solo which he lent to me for one session. It worked perfectly and was mounted on the tank but more under me while riding. So that rules out a poor GPS signal.

Are there any threads on the forum for data logging gear? I had a look at the BMW HP stuff and it looks good but I'd prefer to get something that I could share between different bikes if possible.

Are there any threads on the forum for data logging gear? I had a look at the BMW HP stuff and it looks good but I'd prefer to get something that I could share between different bikes if possible.

The Aim Solo stuff is probably what you need for full on logging - or the 2D system via Alpha / BMW HP.

I also use the Aim Solo, works every time under my rear seat cover.

At long last,I can now say my lap trigger works perfectly!
The problem is that,realistically,the only place to mount it is on the top yoke(for a clear signal and in order to press the button once for startline location).Unfortunately,my camera is also on the top yoke which,for some strange reason was upsetting the gps trigger.
Obviously,this is not a problem if the camera is somewhere else.
I have since lengthened the wire and mounted the trigger on the back of the seat,with excellent results,although this is slightly inconvenient when needing to set the startline at a different circuit(pressing in the pitlane when first going out appears to be good enough).
It is certainly a useful addition for recording the info on the dash and beats flicking the headlamp flasher!

Obviously,being only a trigger,it has no memory other than the co-ordinate set by pressing the button once on the startline.Future laps will then clock up each time that point is passed.
It will remember that co-ordinate if your next visit is the same track.For a different track,just press the button at the startline.

It takes a few minutes to locate the satellites first thing(not usually a problem whilst warming up or noise testing-or just leave the ignition on),it is then usually ready to go for each session.

Of course,it could be better,a longer lead and a remote button would be an improvement but,for the price,it does the job.(An even better improvement would be for bmw to add a gps trigger in the first place!).

Back