New exhaust

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She arrived today and I'm so impressed with it! Rich from AustinRacing is super helpful and talked me through it, Oh and the total came to ?690 delivered. It comes with 4 baffles supplied so you customise it to be as loud or subtle as you like. After some tinkering around which is super easy I decided to leave the end can baffles in but removed the big long one in the link pipe. Took me 5 minutes to remove the original can and fit the Austin. Started it up and on tickover its about the same volume, rev it up a bit and it sound beautiful! Deep throaty tone and not ridiculously loud either! I will play about with removing the other baffles some time to fine tune it but so far i love it as it is. Oh last thing It doesn't have an 'E' stamp for europe but it does have the BS stamp which makes it legal in the UK and for MOT's. Looks stunning too :glee:

did you have to cut the end off the standard exhaust to make the link pipe fit ?? I can't get my link pipe to fit with the baffle in as its hitting the end of the or exhaust it seems I've either got to cut 2-3 " of end of exhaust or shorten the long baffle inside the link pipe

did you have to cut the end off the standard exhaust to make the link pipe fit ?? I can't get my link pipe to fit with the baffle in as its hitting the end of the or exhaust it seems I've either got to cut 2-3 " of end of exhaust or shorten the long baffle inside the link pipe

Definitely don't cut anything!!! Mine fit straight on with some firm pressure until the exhaust bracket lines up with the bolt hole. However i did remove the link pipe baffle but there's no way austin racing would supply it with a baffle that doesn't fit. Try loosening off the link pipe clamp a little more

I even left off the end of the link pipe to see what was happening and the end of exhaust is hitting the baffle and the link pipe is still about 2" from being able to mount to rear sets lol they must of sent me a longer baffle by mistake

anyone fitted a Racefit can to a 2015 yet? Had a chat to the guys over there and they are super friendly and helpful :) ...looks very similar to the Austin can but not sure if it would be too loud?? Not so many options on baffles from what i remember??

Budgie has, do a 'racefit' search on here and you'll find more info and pics

attachment.php
attachment.php
Couple of pics showing the racefit can on the bike and my 13 year old son just after watching Rossi stuff Marquez on Saturday, think I'm gunna have to start hiding my keys !!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 115
cheers Budgie....sounds insane :) .....spoke to a guy at Racefit on the phone recently and he was super friendly and helpful...... defo gonna make this purchase as soon as my credit card has recovered from buying the bike! ;-)

Hi mate I have the racefit on mine it looks just like the Austin end can.Yes it is loud but you can get them to throw a baffle in for free,and don't buy one off a web site go direct you will get it for ?400 cash.All depends on budget I guess I sold the akra end can as it was too big in my view the racefit is so much better looking on the bike.

She arrived today and I'm so impressed with it! Rich from AustinRacing is super helpful and talked me through it, Oh and the total came to ?690 delivered. It comes with 4 baffles supplied so you customise it to be as loud or subtle as you like. After some tinkering around which is super easy I decided to leave the end can baffles in but removed the big long one in the link pipe. Took me 5 minutes to remove the original can and fit the Austin. Started it up and on tickover its about the same volume, rev it up a bit and it sound beautiful! Deep throaty tone and not ridiculously loud either! I will play about with removing the other baffles some time to fine tune it but so far i love it as it is. Oh last thing It doesn't have an 'E' stamp for europe but it does have the BS stamp which makes it legal in the UK and for MOT's. Looks stunning too :glee:

Hi mate. Can I ask, are you still in love with the AR slip on? Any unwanted attention from the law? Has the link pipe started to turn blue with the heat? Am thinking about this can for mine. Thanks very much.

Having the same dilemma dude. After looking at all the pics I think I am going for the Austin Racing exhaust.

I'd like to get a full system but want to make sure it can be quietened down for track days or early morning starts depending if my neighbours have p*$!@d me off at all that week! :chuncky:

Latest posts

Back