New exhaust

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like the looks of that, a big difference to the backend. Is a PC recommended and how much does it weigh over standard?

Like the looks of that, a big difference to the backend. Is a PC recommended and how much does it weigh over standard?
Sorry not sure what a PC is? And i'm not sure on exact weights but yes removing the old one and fitting this there was a very noticeable difference, Id say 2-3 kg. It looks so much better in the flesh than pictures can do it justice! It looks amazing from every angle and suits the bike perfectly. On the move though, WOW! It sounds exactly like a sports bike should, You still get the over run pops and bangs, just much deeper and throatier :) I cannot wait to hear it when the limiters off! Everyone needs this exhaust in their life. So so happy with it :love-struck:

I was looking at that can as well and having read your posts I am definitely going for it!!! Looks much better than all the other options currently available!!

Looks superb. Just as a side note do the wheels come with right angled valves ?

Yes they do, and the main reason I bought them before I knew they were lightweight editions! Thought they had been ordered with rim tape deleted :neglected:

Hi All,
Has anyone tried the old slashed can on the 2015, is it just a case of a new link pipe?

Dean

She arrived today and I'm so impressed with it! Rich from AustinRacing is super helpful and talked me through it, Oh and the total came to ?690 delivered. It comes with 4 baffles supplied so you customise it to be as loud or subtle as you like. After some tinkering around which is super easy I decided to leave the end can baffles in but removed the big long one in the link pipe. Took me 5 minutes to remove the original can and fit the Austin. Started it up and on tickover its about the same volume, rev it up a bit and it sound beautiful! Deep throaty tone and not ridiculously loud either! I will play about with removing the other baffles some time to fine tune it but so far i love it as it is. Oh last thing It doesn't have an 'E' stamp for europe but it does have the BS stamp which makes it legal in the UK and for MOT's. Looks stunning too :glee:

That looks really Gd my favourite exhaust 👍👍

Stuart,

Had you finished running the bike in before you fitted the end can?

Sorry not sure what a PC is? And i'm not sure on exact weights but yes removing the old one and fitting this there was a very noticeable difference, Id say 2-3 kg. It looks so much better in the flesh than pictures can do it justice! It looks amazing from every angle and suits the bike perfectly. On the move though, WOW! It sounds exactly like a sports bike should, You still get the over run pops and bangs, just much deeper and throatier :) I cannot wait to hear it when the limiters off! Everyone needs this exhaust in their life. So so happy with it :love-struck:

PC - Power Commander

Stuart,

Had you finished running the bike in before you fitted the end can?

No it had 250 miles on it. Even popped in to Bahnstormer BMW where i bought the bike and they loved it! Definately doesnt affect warrenty in any way... I checked before i put it on :)

No it had 250 miles on it. Even popped in to Bahnstormer BMW where i bought the bike and they loved it! Definately doesnt affect warrenty in any way... I checked before i put it on :)

Brilliant stuff. I've ordered the Titanium one as I've got the Motor Sports colours

Hi Stuart,

Bit of a technical question, I ordered the the Titanium can like yours and it comes with a cone with what looks like wire wool. Where's does that go?

Hi everyone,

i am new on forum.

i have my first s1000rr 2010 whit stock exhaust. i am still can not make the decision what and which system i would go for.
I am not a track guy .i m ridding most of the time country side and bit town.i really wish deep sound but not hurting loud.as i am reading after it ,the racing akrapovic to loud.

any comment can help

thanks

Hi Stuart,

Bit of a technical question, I ordered the the Titanium can like yours and it comes with a cone with what looks like wire wool. Where's does that go?

Thats an even quieter baffle (smaller diameter hole than the standard baffles in the end can) that you can install. The springs connecting the linkpipe to the end can be removed so you can seperate them and remove to 'tune' how loud or quiet you want it. Ive only removed the long linkpipe baffle and left the end can baffles as they are.

Thats an even quieter baffle (smaller diameter hole than the standard baffles in the end can) that you can install. The springs connecting the linkpipe to the end can be removed so you can seperate them and remove to 'tune' how loud or quiet you want it. Ive only removed the long linkpipe baffle and left the end can baffles as they are.

Hi Stuart,

I'll get to fitting it and post a picture up when it's on

Latest posts

Back