New Brake pads fittment

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatstick

Reaction score
Hi all,
Time to fit new pads I the 2015, have found some on evil bay for about ?60. Just wanted to know if there is any special way of changing on an abs set up bike, don't want to damage any seals by pushing the old pads back into the calliper's.

Dean

All straight forward, take a little pressure off the spring and the pins will pull out easy. 5-10 mins a side. Just push old pads or pistons back

Last edited:
Slowly mind, never retract the pads quickly, best doing nice and slowly.

I've always remembered my first year apprenticeship the mechanics used to frighten the life out of me with stories of rolled master cylinder seals if pads were retracted too quickly.

Best to give everything a clean before pushing pistons back in and fitting new pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers fellas, that's what I thought. I have changed loads over the years but never anything with ABS, now for the choose of compound just for Fast road use, the are SBS road sinter, race sinter and race duel Carbon.

Dean

Brake Pads

Front brake pads take around 5-10 minutes to fit but just make sure that you give the pistons and calipers a good clean before fitting. If the brake pads are for road use only I wouldn't bother fitting race pads as you are unlikely to generate the heat required to get them to work properly and to their full potential.

Ive race sintered on flatstick... absolutely no problems.. think i paid 42 quid....mind ive only 2 per caliper tho

Sent from Galaxy S7

Back