New believer a think

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncs

Reaction score
Hi
I am currently looking at buying 1 o these fancy BMW S1000RR thingy me jigs ,ave got my test ride booked for when am home again . I currently ride a gixer thou and am baffled we all that this bike has to offer . Looking for some advice or " does it do wot it says on the tin" lol

Cheers Jimmy Mac
ma pal races 1 Bruce Burnie , ma only fear is we ma gixer a get a warning when the head stock shacks an the rear skips aw ower the place but the BMW does awa we it . So fan do u know yer close pal ��

I came from a Suz 1000 too and now on a 15 S1000 with all the toy's and forged wheels. The transformation was like stepping into the future by 50 years.

Hi mate.. welcome, im guessing from your chat your North of the border like me and Jimmy....where you from...

stuarts phone

Welcome to the forum Duncs, you cant go wrong with the S1K coming of a Fireblade onto one its leaps and bounds ahead of the blade, im sure your Bruce will keep you rite on how to get the best out of it, my pal Donald MacFadyen races with him or should i say against him lol

Fit like lads am fae Arbroath, ma usual run is ower tae Blairgowrie up glen Shee then turn aff tae South Deeside then ower the cairn o mount . Normally theirs a fair few o us vast amount o us hey gixers theirs a couple o lads we bmw's so ats fit pushing me tae ein , loads o button tho on their bars tho ats fit scares me lol 😁

You're not alone Powders. I kinda treat this like txt speak and ignore it.

- Sent from Mobile

Apologies a presumed this was a motorcycle forum not an English grammar forum lol . I shall us appropriate text language from now on ����

Apologies a presumed this was a motorcycle forum not an English grammar forum lol . I shall us appropriate text language from now on ����

carry on however it suits you to do so Dunc, welcome to the forum. :)

Cheers lads , I have got a test drive booked for when am home to say am excited is an understatement ��. I joined this forum for information on the BMW an so far their doesn't seem to be a bad report on it . Can anyone recommend any YouTube clips to watch on realistic 1's pretty please

Relax man me and the lads up here will interpret for you. But it is probably best you speak normally lol.. even a had to read your posts twice lol

stuarts phone

The sales boy in Dundee is letting me loose on the bike for the run up the Glens to compare the experience . Which am totally buzzing wee cause u normally on get 1/2hr we test rides . Any pointers as am coming aff ma gixer to a technology machine ��

Start off in sport mode and then change to race mode when you are comfortable. Enjoy.

No pointers from me Duncs... just get on it..gixxers are very capable machines... like any litre bike of the big jap four they are great in their own rite. We could speak about the benefits of Sthous all day long. Its quite enough to simply enjoy the looks, build quality and if you get the chance to open the bike up the extra power... you wont really appreciate it fully till you own one... enjoy mate.. its a class leader yesterday, today and from what many of us can see the future .

Edit: good idea from Soof there..

stuarts phone

Last edited:
Weeron al let u kin pal . C a kinda lik the tail squirming all ower the place fan cornering

Back