New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how can it be the same as the 2015 when that weighs 204kg wet and the base model gen 4 is 197kg wet.
If you look at the 2015 brochure the dry weight including battery is 175.5kg. The 2019 is 175kg without the battery. Not sure why the wet weight s are so vastly different other than the 2019 holds 1litre less fuel. The 2018 is heavier than the 2015 because of the exhaust difference

If you look at the 2015 brochure the dry weight including battery is 175.5kg. The 2019 is 175kg without the battery. Not sure why the wet weight s are so vastly different other than the 2019 holds 1litre less fuel. The 2018 is heavier than the 2015 because of the exhaust difference
The 2017 is 208kg wet
The 2019 is 197kg wet

Where is the confusion coming from? A litre less fuel capacity is not significantly changing this.

- Alex

Alex why is there little or no difference between the dry weights of the 2015 and the 2019 versions when Bmw claim that almost everything is lighter on the 19 version? Given the same dry weights, where is the extra fluid in the 2015 version to make it significantly heavier wet than the 19 version? Not trying to do down the 19 version, just trying to understand. I am a fan, I am lucky enought to have the 2015 as a track bike and an 18 version for the road.

I think there are some incorrect numbers being thrown about. Wet weight is the only thing that matters

- Alex

Just to throw a spanner in.....I had the RR gen 1 for 5yrs then the gen 3 for 2 yrs. Last 2yrs of the gen 1 it had Bitubo sussies which transformed it. Test rode the gen 3 in '15 and it compared riding wise with the gen 1 straight out the crate so bought it. Tracked it/raced it for 2yrs more or less in standard form apart from de-cat pc etc and was well happy. Chopped it in ready for the '19 as I thought maybe the price would bottom out and bought an '18 RSV4 rf to tie me over, now I'm quicker on the rf than I was ever on the rr, a good 2 seconds…..There is now a new rr and a new rf so wtf??? decisions decisions...….

Just to throw a spanner in.....I had the RR gen 1 for 5yrs then the gen 3 for 2 yrs. Last 2yrs of the gen 1 it had Bitubo sussies which transformed it. Test rode the gen 3 in '15 and it compared riding wise with the gen 1 straight out the crate so bought it. Tracked it/raced it for 2yrs more or less in standard form apart from de-cat pc etc and was well happy. Chopped it in ready for the '19 as I thought maybe the price would bottom out and bought an '18 RSV4 rf to tie me over, now I'm quicker on the rf than I was ever on the rr, a good 2 seconds?..There is now a new rr and a new rf so wtf??? decisions decisions...?.
The fact that you are 2 seconds quicker now, is it solely attributed to mechanical differences of motorcycles? Or have your abilities to ride it also improved?

I seen the hp4 race has adjustable stearing head position. As far as im aware the 2019 is fixed but im wondering if this is something that could be added to the 2019?
Im not entirely sure how that all works but some bikes have it now in the bearing cups somehow

Alpha etc will probably make adjustable triple clamps to change the steeting head angle.

- Alex

I seen the hp4 race has adjustable stearing head position. As far as im aware the 2019 is fixed but im wondering if this is something that could be added to the 2019?
Im not entirely sure how that all works but some bikes have it now in the bearing cups somehow

theres different ways of going about it,either inserts with different offset cam,or theres mine which has the cam machined into the stem,you just loosen the top nut and turn from the bottom to alter the position,it's a very nice simple way of going about it.

The fact that you are 2 seconds quicker now, is it solely attributed to mechanical differences of motorcycles? Or have your abilities to ride it also improved?

I don't think it's down to any improved rider abilities, those stopped a good few years ago, I'm probably the oldest rider on here and definitely not the quickest lol.... But, if the change of bike has actually complemented my riding style then maybe. The rf is more nimble in the turns which is where I've gained the time, certainly not on the straights as it's 20bhp down on the rr.

I don't think it's down to any improved rider abilities, those stopped a good few years ago, I'm probably the oldest rider on here and definitely not the quickest lol.... But, if the change of bike has actually complemented my riding style then maybe. The rf is more nimble in the turns which is where I've gained the time, certainly not on the straights as it's 20bhp down on the rr.

I would tend to agree with that,hopefully the gen 4 will be more nimble.
And no,you are probably not the oldest!

Just managed another good deal on a RSV4 rf today, that will do until I can get hold of s Gen 4, hope I like it as much as you do.

Im getting a quote on the rsv4 at the mo. Ive already riden one.
Its not perfect.
The throttle is simply in excusable.
Switch like action at traffic speeds which i expect can be mapped to help.
Also i kept running wide in the turns but thats just a setup issue and the rsv4 has lots of adjustability so that can be solved quite easily.
But they are quite cheap now so they seem like a good option compared with the new rr

theres different ways of going about it,either inserts with different offset cam,or theres mine which has the cam machined into the stem,you just loosen the top nut and turn from the bottom to alter the position,it's a very nice simple way of going about it.

Sorry what bike do you have? Please more info on your adjustable yokes

Im getting a quote on the rsv4 at the mo. Ive already riden one.
Its not perfect.
The throttle is simply in excusable.
Switch like action at traffic speeds which i expect can be mapped to help.
Also i kept running wide in the turns but thats just a setup issue and the rsv4 has lots of adjustability so that can be solved quite easily.
But they are quite cheap now so they seem like a good option compared with the new rr

There certainly is some good deals about at the moment, fingers crossed it will be sorted tomorrow, almost went for a fireblade sp with the 0% deals about, but decided against that now

Latest posts

Back