New 2011 S1000RR owner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fmo

Reaction score
Hello from Norway!

Recently upgraded from an old 5pw R1 to a 2011 S1000RR. Bike is used for racing only.
Its wintertime now, so have lots of time to puzzle with it before next season.
The bike came with nix 30mm cartridge kit, oz racing wheels, alpha racing controller kit (remove abs and keeps tc), alpha racing subframe,
keyless ignition, full Austin Racing exhaust and some other nice parts. I myself has bought new ohlins rear shock and steering damper which I installed yesterday.

Cheers!

Sounds well sorted, what racing / series do you do? Have you been at it a long time?

Thanks, hope it will be a good upgrade from the 13 year old yamaha! Just bought the bike a couple of weeks ago, so have never tried it yet.
I?m an old guy:biggrin-new: (47), and mostly do club races, but have attended some national races also the last 2-3 seasons in the Rookie 1000 championship.
Usually placing midfield with personal best 5-7 seconds behind superbike track records.
Been riding all my life, but unfortunately was nearly 40 before finding the ultimate joy of track riding.
On the street I have been driving a Ducati 999R for the last 5 years.

Great intro. You're only 4 years ahead of me and I haven't got to racing yet. I didn't know there was a motorcycle race thing going on in Norway, I'd always thought it would be speedway. Good to hear!

Hi FMO welcome to the site, like Soofsayer didn't know there was a sports bike scene in Norway, thought it was all Adventure riding and Rally cars. Hope you like your new bike, sounds sorted.

JimmyMac

BBZ_7879.JPG
BBZ_7919.JPG
BBZ_7579.JPG

Here are some pics of me on the R1 from a couple of years ago, track is called Arctic Circle Raceway.

Open up an account with Photobucket (free), load your pics onto there, then copy the IMG link for the photo you want to show into your reply and hey presto it will appear when you post it :smile-new:

Latest posts

Back