Need ideas for ignition delete on 2024 m1000rr to run Ohlins FGR 250/300....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrider89

Reaction score
Thinking about running full top of line ohlins.....

So in order to run Ohlins front FGR 250 or 300. An entire new yoke is needed as these forks have a different diameter tube from the plug and play Ohlins FGRT 232. No one currently makes a yoke with a top triple that has the hole to mount the ignition and key. These forks are strict racing application. I wouldn't mind doing an ignition delete in order to run these forks, I just have no idea where to start. Alpha racing does make this and a few others.....

Conversion kit ON/OFF switch | 6131B060A00

Would this be all i need to delete the key and ignition? Where would i even mount this? Suppose i would have to get creative. I realize a lot of people who go this route go full alpha RCK/M ECU calibration. Which is big $$$. And mount it to the new dash. Not trying to do all of that just to run a front fork....

I also wouldn't mind keeping the ignition and key, just would need a new place to mount it.

I realize i'll need new calipers, axle, spacers, etc. to run this new fork. which is fine.

Any idea's, guidance, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Yes that's all the part you need for keyless, the key essentially is perma attached to the bike and so theft is very easy. You'd plug it in and then hide most of it. the flick switch has to be accessible.

This is nicer IMO than the Alpha. https://jetprimeshop.it/en/kill-swi...or-bmw-s-1000-rr-2015-2022-8057587273572.html
But again you still need a holder to mount it in. The holders are harder to get when you move away from OEM triple clamps.

i.e. https://www.alpharacing.com/en/triple-clamp-sbk-25-mm/31dc10100 <- SBK Fork Triple Clamps should fit FGR's but I'd check that.

As for the rest, blimey, that's gonna be involved. Personally I'd just stick the FGRT kit unless I'm racing.

Yes Alpha racing has multiple triple clamps that fit fgrs they have the sbk one which is like $3,500 and then they have a cheaper one that basically does the same function for like 1600. So that red kill switch that you send me the link to is basically plug and play? So what I could do is basically just delete the key and lock and then plug that in and just hide it somewhere? And be all set? Temporarily I would probably hide it but in the long term I would get creative and amount something and reach something up obviously. I don't think there's ever been a time where I've been away from my bike long enough to where it can get stolen. And yes the reason why I would like fgr Forks is because this is going to be a strict race bike.

Also do you know what the stock offset/diameter of clip ons are on m1000rr? I know i'd need new clip ons, not looking for a more aggressive, leaned over riding posture. Would like it the same.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back