my S1

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magga42

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new on here, hope someone can help... :)
I've got some problems with my bike which I can't figure out. It ran fine when i got it, then I changed a few bits - ie full Arak system, power commander, bmc filter, auto tuner - but took that back off - removed the pair valve and fitted smog plates in place, fitted fast action throttle and a gearbox filter and blocked off all the holes on the airbox. Had it remapped by Daytuner perfomance. Unless its getting hammered it runs lumpy, really badly. As soon as revs drop 3000rpm it's hunting - its not happy at all.

map is fine its somthing to do with bike ive had mapped looked at with another mapper who also comes recomended he said it was fine why are people on here flashing ecu
242741f.jpg

Hi again ive been reading lots tonight and ive herd alot about people having ecu re flash's what info as anybody got for me as it's bren tunning in america ive read about but alot of talk about making bike smoother and correcting faults after ome parts have been removed , my s1 as full titainium akro shorty can , bmc filter race, power comm 5 ive took pair valve off and fitted smog plates ive also put a filter on gear box breather and block rest of airbox pipe holes up as this was a good mod on gsxr 1000's ive had. anyway there must be some experienced lads or lasses out there who can help me out im not the only one out here who buys a bike then changes everything even if it is a road bike , got to get to the bottom of this i need smooth usable power

sounds like you dont have a very good map take it back to where you got it mapped, although by the sounds of it you have it setup like a race bike, and its never going to be smooth

Hi everyone, new on here, hope someone can help... :)
I've got some problems with my bike which I can't figure out. It ran fine when i got it, then I changed a few bits - ie full Arak system, power commander, bmc filter, auto tuner - but took that back off - removed the pair valve and fitted smog plates in place, fitted fast action throttle and a gearbox filter and blocked off all the holes on the airbox. Had it remapped by Daytuner perfomance. Unless its getting hammered it runs lumpy, really badly. As soon as revs drop 3000rpm it's hunting - its not happy at all.

If it was like that from the day you had it mapped I would take it back to the tuner - see what he has to say?

You summed it up yourself-it ran fine before you pulled it about.Go back to basics and check what you've done.I'd start with the holes you blocked off.
By the way,the BrenTune is brilliant.

I'm no mechanical expert, but if you have had the map checked twice, my money would be on air box mods block off etc, like it has been mentioned go back to standard air box replace block off etc then add mods one by one see if you can narrow it down, if I am using my aka shorty on mine it does hunt a bit but not to the extremes you have mentioned.

I take it you did all the mods and then had a re map. If not whatever you did after the re map put it back and check it.

If the above is ok then i would say you have a Race map, they are nearly always lumpy on the bottom end. Confirm that it is a road map and not Race?

Blocking the air holes in the pair valve shouldn't cause your bike to run lumpy, it just stops cold air being dumped on the exhaust valves and dumping oxygen into the pipes to help burn off unburnt fuel in the exhaust. i.e. stops the exhaust from popping, only real side effect is unburnt fuel passing out the can. Its purely for controlling exhaust emissions, burning the extra fuel before it reaches the environment.

Hi yes bike had all mods done before map as for race map or road map , race bike are ment to be smooth even described as feeling flat at times so no fear of throttle ing on roll on roll off etc if you get my meening , anyway need of parts now as bike got stole monday got it back wednesday damage to front end cosmetic nose fairing fairing bracket main beam light mirrow all right hand

Latest posts

Back