Moving from Honda

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastBike

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm selling my Fireblade and making the move to BMW. After weighing up the options it seems the only way to go. The R1's meant to have issues under breaking (backing in) and there's already been a serious recall. The ZX10 needs a race ECU and loom to unleash the auto blipper functionality and to liberate a few more horses. The 2016 GSX-R looks a little dull and the Fireblade, well that's not changed since 2008. So I'm looking forward to my new BMW experience and being part of the s1000rrforum.co.uk community.

Great choice!

That was my move from an 09 Fireblade to a 2015. As good as my Blade was the BM just blew me away on a test ride this time last year; then deal was struck. Especially in the braking department as I had the C-ABS Blade and it was a bit quirky, lever to the bar etc. I looked at the R1 but with all the trinkets the BM has it was a no brainer.

When's it coming and what colour?

Hello FB, welcome along. You have made the right choice :). Looking forward to pics and specs of your new bike in due course.

Thanks soofsayer

Billo01 - I'm still on the lookout for the right bike, a used 2015 (Performance Package) bike that I can stick a race fairing on and take out on the track. I have been temped by some e-Bay/Bike Trader machines but thought better of it. Maybe something off of s1000rrforum.co.uk will be more genuine!

Hi bananaman I took an S1000RR out on the road a couple of years ago but I'd only just got the Fireblade. Now I'm ready for a change that test ride came instantly back to mind. I am doing a track day at Silverstone GP in May and they're offering hir​e bikes for the ?475 + ?800 deposit one way to see what it's like on track but hopefully by then I'll have my own bike.

Welcome along - I was split between the Fireblade (new) 2014 and S100RR 2012 (used). I actually loved the way the Honda engine built speed. But it was too cramped and just didn't inspire on the brakes...that and I managed to crash one. o_O My only accident to date.

Welcome FastBike, loads of bikes to choose from and its open day at a lot of dealers this Saturday so you'll maybe even get a better deal along with a sausage roll!

Like your Avatar and name by the way.

JimmyMac

Thanks Alex the brakes have never have been up to much even with race pads and a Brembo RCS 19 master cylinder, that and I'm so down on power I really suffer at tracks like Bedford Autodrome with that long long back straight.

JimmyMac - thanks for the welcome and heads up about the weekend, I'll have pop along to my nearest dealer which is probably Weylyn Garden City

Welcome FastBike. When the New R1 came along I were a little peed orf of how MCN put the BM behind the R1 and old ZX10. After all the hype had settled down a true winner has come to the fore.
Performance Bikes with Michael Rutter on board the S1000 went around Mallory and recorded the fastest time ever on a production bike. It went faster than the new 1299 Ducati and R1.
6 months later he did it all again but this time at Oulton with the R1M this time, and guess what? The BM did it again and was Rutters favourite.
Motorcycle.com did a test with a 6 bike shootout on track and the BM kicked ass yet again. Here it is..

http://youtu.be/oBJLgh18Xn8

it even came top street bike in the states too.
http://youtu.be/tNiA9OwvdoI

Thanks Marzy can't argue with all those reviews, I'm a PB subscriber myself .... I still haven't managed to win one of their Rockingham trackdays :calm:

Back