Mounting Carbon Frame Covers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevie76

Reaction score
Looking for some advice....

I'm thinking about buy some carbon frame covers for my HP4 and wondering what the best product is to use to mount them that wont damage the frame if they ever have to come off??

Cheers
Steve

Used double sided tape to mount mine. Bought it from Halfords and so far it seems fine.

Do they not smell when the frame gets hot ( which it definitely does;)
Not a fan of em personally , Its just adding weight

nope no smell!! personally I added them to try prevent a gravel rash in case on a spill on track, also helps prevent paint wearing thin from boots leathers etc Weight wise your talking grams no weight in them at all, done feel heat from frame as much either!!

I added mine to also prevent gravel rash if I had a tip off. Also shields your legs if the frame gets hot. I took pictures of my frame before and after fitment so of I ever decide to sell I can prove to any potential buyer the frame was undamaged before I fitted the protectors.

if buying a bike with them fitted I would insist they were removed to check frame before completing sale, if the owner has nothing to hide then I'm sure they would not mind.

if buying a bike with them fitted I would insist they were removed to check frame before completing sale, if the owner has nothing to hide then I'm sure they would not mind.

Absolutely....would never consider a bike with them fitted but quite fancy having them to protect the frame and satisfy my carbon fetish...if the time ever comes to sell they will be straight off. Got some ordered :)

Exactly why I took photographs of me holding the protectors alongside the frame before fitting so the frame can clearly be seen with no damage.

Tank in fils and fairing in fils.
Would the frame covers be too much in the same place?
Also got heel plates, rear seat cover, engine covers, and I've just ordered a headlight fairing.

Latest posts

Back