Motoraad 20 minute run out...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
So turned up 8.30.....around 80 bikes... we left in the 2nd batch as a group of 20 heading from E.K to Dunfermline for breakfast rolls and tea.

Kind of new it wasn't for us as the old guy leading us was sitting at 60 on the dual carriage way and 70 on Motorway ... talk about boring...then to cap it off when we arrived at the cafe which was all prearranged we stood in a line waiting to get get our tea and rolls, I haven't done that since school...when our place in the queue never moved in 10 minutes that was our CUE TO BOOST..I dont want to sound ungrafeful or anything but I couldnt face pedestrian speeds and an age to get served at each of the three piss/grub stops so we bolted and ended up heading to Blairgowrie, Bridge of Cally, Pitlochry, Aberfeldy, Killin, Lix Toll, Callender and home...circa 240 miles. Haha as we drove through Kenmore there was all the E.K mob at the hotel waiting on their lunch lol...we managed to salvage the day..weather was amazing. That Bridge of Cally Pitlochry Rd is great btw..zero traffic.

Latched on to a geezer from Lix Toll to Callender, this guy was shit hot on the corners I could have blasted past him anytime but its enjoyable to watch someone who can actually ride so I sat on his tail for about 10 miles of twisties.. great wee day out me and Keith had..
f9547cf7d79c4c3cb45f8998e47c9b9b.jpg
d5e031b3f47192163fff2910214e8fcd.jpg
300bee619d124d1611081a828e950032.jpg
9f887def2aa3e796f1e2d38fd0002809.jpg
92b3c62c3d60d7e2ff3969ceb41089bb.jpg
3d5c8b54fd9b8a20492c37ff610a2e7f.jpg
c4515ce7e0925454ae40de880cdf23f7.jpg
b20d0bf2768667131cbd1a4cedea2548.jpg
5ac7fb17142ff81aa4e03f1fbdbf52e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Must be photoshopped, sun in Scotland?!

Looks like a good run, I only managed 60 miles today before footy.

Lovely stuff - so jealous of all that amazing countryside on your doorstep.

Nice pics Stuart, makes a nice change getting some blue skies up your way. I think you did the right thing by not hang around with the big group. Bike is looking very smart.

You lasted 20 minutes more than I thought you would, big groups like that are a bit regimented, but need to be if you've ever organised something as large as that.
You went on my route home from the Welly Stuart, Killin and Loch Tay is beautiful. Homeland of the McNab clan. They have their own cemetery in

Great pics.

JimmyMac

Cheers Alex, most of the Scottish boy's I'm sure will think the same in as much as I never give it a second glance .. I did a write up on here about that going two up Loch Awe side a couple of years back on a scorching hot day.... I looked about and thought.....holy shit this is stunning..where did all that come from ! lol had never really noticed it before haha

You lasted 20 minutes more than I thought you would, big groups like that are a bit regimented, but need to be if you've ever organised something as large as that.
You went on my route home from the Welly Stuart, Killin and Loch Tay is beautiful. Homeland of the McNab clan. They have their own cemetery in

Great pics.

JimmyMac

Great pics.

Jimmy, honestly it was total drag....I get the organising etc but why not just agree meet at wherever at whatever time... then everyone can do it at their own pace...

I get it tho... anyhow we did laugh as we passed through Kenmore and they were all their...in an orderly queue lol

I was at EK Motorad on the Saturday the day before the ride out, and they where asking if I was going to go. Like you said Stu i just couldnt hack sitting in a big line doing regimented speeds. Think you took the correct option going on your own tour!

BTW Ill need to check out that Pitlochry route your on about its one I cant say i have experienced before.!

Ill need to check out that Pitlochry route your on about its one I cant say i have experienced before.!

An absolute cracker whatever direction you ride it, just be careful of the lambs. During Spring that are everywhere, but a better wee twisty road you'll struggle to find. Very easy to get left knee down if riding from Pitlochry on a bend near the start, even easier to get your bike airborne later on if you are a big keen with the throttle.

Hidden gem.

JimmyMac

Cheers Jimmy I'll have to check that out! Let's hope the weather keeps u! No doubt it'll be scorching all week when I'm down south and pissing it down when I get home at weekends!!!!

I was at EK Motorad on the Saturday the day before the ride out, and they where asking if I was going to go. Like you said Stu i just couldnt hack sitting in a big line doing regimented speeds. Think you took the correct option going on your own tour!

BTW Ill need to check out that Pitlochry route your on about its one I cant say i have experienced before.!

It's a belter GC... heres a link to that stretch https://goo.gl/maps/dqaPQZpxuNG2

Latest posts

Back