More Exhaust questions

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99MS

Reaction score
Hi Lads

Last 2 days ive had the man flu but i am surviving :ambivalence:

ive been googleing alot and learnt that that 15-16 manifolds (headers) wiill fit on to the 17 plate gen 3's
so i am half way there to the ideal exhaust i am after:redface-new:

Now this is the part i cannot find anything for, Akrapovic did a stubby for the gen 2 models, i have seen 1 video on youtube of a 17 plate in thailand with this exhaust.
Question is will that stubby fit directly onto 15-16 akrapovic header and go on to my bike i have given links to the products below

https://calsport.co.uk/bmw-s-1000-r...ilencer-road-legal-fixed-baffle/s-b10so1-hasz

https://calsport.co.uk/bmw-s-1000-r...nal-4-2-1-stainless-racing-header-set/e-b10r4

Thanks

Akrapovič

Akrapovič exhaust headers are identical for model years 2015-18. Akrapovič exhaust silencers for previous model years (2010-14) are not compatible and will not fit unless you have them physically modified by a welder/machinist.

I would honestly go for a full length full system exhaust as you'll kick yourself later for not doing it, sounds like you want the cat gone but want to loose power with your end can. I did the same got an Austin and also a racefit too sounded nuts but the power loss was so drastic. I love my full exhaust now sounds so mint and clean, still loud but the power Increase was amazing.

It just hit me is iut possible to use a akrapovic header with eg like a AR gp1 silencer?

No.

But the stock headers can be decatted and an AR Decat pipe fitted to them which would then mate to an AR silencer. It's not going to change the output vastly by still having the OEM headers (pre cat).

Akrapovič

Akrapovič only design their headers to be compatible with their own exhausts and not other brands.

Latest posts

Back