Mini Review: Spider Chassis/Frame Lift

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I bought one of these; http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycle/bike-specific-stands-lifts/warrior-spider-stand
With 'Pin A' Pack; http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycle/bike-specific-stands-lifts/warrior-spider-stand-adapter
?150.

Overall it does what you'd expect. The bike tyres are lifted about 2-3" above the ground. There is a pin that locks the unit in place and keeps it there. Mine has been on the stand for days.
Problems; I don't feel the happy about the pin that you fit. I can't work out if it's supposed to be temporary, if it's not why the F is it impossible to get a good grip on it? You have to take off the LHS engine nut in the frame and spin the locating pin on to that (top of the picture) as the pin is circular there's no way to get a good enough grip to do it up with any sort of torque, unless someone can suggest a way?

2015-10-24%2014.52.00_zpsig8metgv.jpg

Other than that it's ok, once you get the initial setup (angle correct) which I'll try to show below;

First you get the distance between the pins set in the mounting plate. Easy.
2015-10-24%2014.58.47_zpsmbl4aor8.jpg

This is how I ended up setting the angle of the plate on the lifter. Top right mount point with half the thread used up. It trial and error as you can't adjust with the plate in the pins. I chose to make the lifter pick the nose up more than the tail - the wheels of the lifter closest to the rear tyre have to be off the ground to get it on and off. By doing this I've got both wheels off the ground roughly the same distance, with a little nose up bias.
2015-10-24%2015.35.26_zpsjcntvmwh.jpg

Tadaa
bdcd8e2d-86e0-4091-9022-f560c3bd889e_zpslsdgomca.jpg

Locking pin is the flat circle on the horizontal post.
2015-10-24%2015.36.54_zpsumlpxb0a.jpg

As for wheeling it around - it can but on the crappy concrete floor I have here it's not easy.
I've not tried to take the wheels off yet, obviously I'd crack the nuts off without the lift. But it all seem stable enough for most jobs.

Latest posts

Back