Metzeler M7RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GixxerChuck

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Had these fitted today by FWR in Kennington. ?249 ride in ride out. Usual ice skating for the first 5 miles. Racetech K3s lasted 5700 miles :tongue-new:
initial turn in seems slower which would not be surprising
will update with use

Had these fitted today by FWR in Kennington. ?249 ride in ride out. Usual ice skating for the first 5 miles. Racetech K3s lasted 5700 miles :tongue-new:
initial turn in seems slower which would not be surprising
will update with use

How did you manage to get 5700miles out of your K3s?? :congratulatory:....I only managed to get 2000 out of my rear! :-/ .....they feel great but i was thinking of changing to something a bit more long lasting next time?? Anyone tried Michelin Pilot Power 3s on the 2015 bike? I've heard good things generally and would hopefully get a bit more mileage than K3s??

Cavey - the M7RR tyres are really good and most of us get 4k + out of the rear with spirited riding and a few trackdays too. Quite a few here have fitted them, including me, and they perform very well, in the wet also.

Cavey - the M7RR tyres are really good and most of us get 4k + out of the rear with spirited riding and a few trackdays too. Quite a few here have fitted them, including me, and they perform very well, in the wet also.

4k out of a rear tyre !!! My 2011 came with Metz K3s had 3 rears then tried Diablo Rosso Corsa's had 2 now trying ContiSport Attack 2. So far have averaged 1,700 miles per tyre!

I've never understood it. I'm 16 stone but smooth on the throttle. I commute so know not to be aggressive as it will eat tyres. It's hard acceleration that kills rear tyres. I know how to use them. Brands finished it off
i did 92k in 5 years on my gixer so a tyre every 2k would be expensive. Had this one since April and hit 5700 this week!

Last edited:
reckon maybe 4000 average on rears, down to 1mm- profile might not be the best at the end of 7 day tour (2000miles ish) including the odd track day - nearly always rosso corsas or their predecessors 36psi road, 30 psi track. fronts normally ok for 6000.

Last edited:
For comparison to the M7RRs doing 4k, the SP2s I had before did 2k, including the bike being limited for the first 600 miles.

Have never really cared about tyre life as have bought scrubs for the past ten years and don't really do a lot of miles, average 1000miles a year on each bike if lucky I just use for getting from A to B as fast as poss, pay between ?65 and ?85 per set and last a year inc a trip or two to the IOM and two up blasts with my Mrs on the back.
I have just fitted a set of SC sc1 front and sc2 rear today in 120 and 180 on std rims and have no TC light on or any TC cut in's, so maybe all this stuff about not being able to and having to re-calabrate the electrics is just BMW blurb?

Dean

defo gonna try the M7RRs next time....the bike feels great with the K3s but i need something that lasts longer (rear shot in 2k) ....i notice there's a new K3 just come out with an updated tread pattern....i'm guessing the compounds are the same tho?? Any idea which are longer lasting Dunlop SportSmart 2 or M7RR? Had 3 sets of the Dunlops on my last bike and they lasted well :)

5700 from a rear K3! i am lucky to get 1500... Jesus.

By the way i have had the M7RRs on for 1000 mile now and i can not fault them, amazing tyres!

I've done 4000 on my supercorsas and still life left in them
tbh I'm impressed with there life😀😀
will be getting them again

got 1200 miles from the k3's, fitted Michelin pilot road 4's 3100 miles so far and still looking good with good grip in all conditions and doing oulton park in 1:56s, so well pleased with them and only ?187 a pair from tyre leader.

got 1200 miles from the k3's, fitted Michelin pilot road 4's 3100 miles so far and still looking good with good grip in all conditions and doing oulton park in 1:56s, so well pleased with them and only ?187 a pair from tyre leader.

Will give them a try next time as my k3's lasts similar to yours with Corsa's better and now on Conti Sport Attacks but they look if they aren't going to last!

?187 for PR4's is very cheap , they are a great tyre , especially in the wet.
don't think they would last 2 long on a sunny day doing sub 2 minute laps at Oulton though.
I would definitely recommend them over the sportsmarts ( not tried the 2's) , and the metzelers.

horses for courses with tyres though , its all about personal preference I suppose

Back