McPint NW200 crash = Out of 2017 TT

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aye, he's fast af once they wake him up :) I was sat next to him on the ferry home last time I went over there. Tried to chat with him but he was fast asleep within 10 mins of sitting down! Pretty sure I wasn't being 'that' boring.....

Maybe the beard somehow contributed to the crash? So long it got caught in the chain.....

That's awesome you got to meet him like that lol, hope you managed a bit of a chat before he did his thing?

Bloody fast indeed, can never get over how sedate he is so close to a race, it's literally wake up have a shit get leathers on and off he goes!

Hmm, maybe that's why the beard was gone after the crash? Or maybe it was the drag caused at full chat on the RSV?

That's awesome you got to meet him like that lol, hope you managed a bit of a chat before he did his thing?

Bloody fast indeed, can never get over how sedate he is so close to a race, it's literally wake up have a shit get leathers on and off he goes!

Hmm, maybe that's why the beard was gone after the crash? Or maybe it was the drag caused at full chat on the RSV?

Not really, it was 2014 so the year he smashed a 132mph lap (seriously impressive if you find some footage, brushing the hedges whilst powersliding the rear end of his Honda!) and scored 3 or 4 podiums. Had just enough time to congratulate him on his week before he finished his cuppa and nodded off :)

Never even got a chance to have my programme signed.

Ah ok, yea I remember that year, was incredible! He was on a Suzuki I believe?

That's a shame, but at least you've got a fun memory to look back on :)

Ah ok, yea I remember that year, was incredible! He was on a Suzuki I believe?

That's a shame, but at least you've got a fun memory to look back on :)

He's not been off a Honda in a millionty years.

Yeah, was definitely Honda. Padgetts team, I remember the young lass being there too (Fiona?)

Yea that's it, ignore my previous Suzuki comment, was thinking of Honda and HRC for some reason (perhaps the thread we're on?), the Padgett's liveries were kinda throwing me a bit.

Anyway, thanks Eddie and Alex for clarifying :)

Amazing lap, and some good memories for you Eddie!

Has anyone heard/read anything more about J McG's Honda at the NW? Last thing I saw was that they couldn't get any data as some of the electronics had been destroyed in the crash.

No news on the technical cause of the crash, but a little update interview with McG. He seems in reasonable spirit considering the severity of the crash he had. Says he is "on the fence" with regard to retirement for now and will be in an external fixator for ~ 9 months.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4cIgu9dmheg

Latest posts

Back