Man cave

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Davy, If you are after a bargain try the bike show at Ingliston, I bought mine from a guy there that makes them last year. Think it was about ?300 easily takes my GSA and is heavy as hell.
He sold it cheap rather than humph it back down the road with him. He was using it to demonstrate his various lifts and clamps that he made. Serious quality.
I'll chuck a picture up once I finish my work.

JimmyMac

Finish my work ! C'mon Jimmy it's Hogmanay not April fools day

Ever tried fitting lampposts when it's blowing a hoolie? Only one more and we are done for the year.

How are you even out your bed yet, you should be upside doon next to Donald Dewars statue if you were in the state you got in last year, lol.

JimmyMac

Cheers Bozzy. I wasnt sure about having to use Paddocks on it... does yours have the front wheel Chock thing that seems to hold the bike in place on the Clarke/Sealy ones ? Is there any add on parts... the EB advert for yours is quite vague. The one shown is the Clarke from MM.

Cheers again mate

https://dccf75d8gej24.cloudfront.ne...D4C0D9E-EBCF-4652-8C1C-F3365B6217AC-large.jpg

Sent from Galaxy S7

Hiya guys, yes it comes with a front wheel chock if you need it and brackets for the sides if you want to strap it down from the handlebars .. it's brilliant quality and all the spares are UK based so easy to get bits if you need !! Mine at the moment is on paddock stands and up in the air with the wheels out and I'm cleaning calipers and my knees are smiling [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1303][emoji1303] no pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Bozzy,

my garage floor was painted similar to yours but I suspect quite some time before we bought the house so is peeling a bit now so it needs to be redone. Any suggestions as to how I'd go about that? Would I need to rub floor down with wire brush and then repaint? Does it just apply like normal paint? How many coats req'd?

thanks

Hey Bozzy,

my garage floor was painted similar to yours but I suspect quite some time before we bought the house so is peeling a bit now so it needs to be redone. Any suggestions as to how I'd go about that? Would I need to rub floor down with wire brush and then repaint? Does it just apply like normal paint? How many coats req'd?

thanks

I gave mine a good run over with a wire brush then wiped and vacuumed and then painted three coats with the below, bloody hell its shiny [emoji41]

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152248625888

Have been exceptionally busy Stuart but just thought you were chatting Bozzy up.........

JimmyMac

Sorry Jimmy but new year .... new start [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

So went in to MM in Great Western Rd. Have to say initially the two Geezers were less than helpful... "bike ramp..yea mate theres one up there" pointing in the direction of the back shop.

At first I couldnt find it..
c4ca2cc402c0a6bffd17f63cd4f95750.jpg

It was easier finding my lizard in the bonsai tree !.. here it is with (out of shot) two sets of car ramps..a jack..two big boxes of **** knows and various other discarded crap that I lifted off it as the guy watched me and talked me through how it worked. I wanted a good look so took most of the shit off it but stopped at the bead blaster thing in the middle as I would have needed a hand and I couldnt be bothered asking him.

Anyhow it got me thinking..and asking... "see how its shop soiled and a bit scratched mate.. ill buy this off you" was met with a resounding NO. Why not its just lying here ! The guy threw every excuse at me from Warranty issues to breaking for parts etc etc.. anyhow it looked a solid bit of kit anyone thats looking for a deal it kicks off VAT free or 20pc reduction which is the same thing of course...

I wasn't looking for one but I would have given him 2 and a half for it if he wasnt so dorky about it...All in all pretty poor or no service actually.. if the roles were reversed I would have sold him a ramp and his mate too.

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
God they make it hard work .... do they actually not want to make a living ... ?? It's pretty much the same as mine, I can honestly say it's the best Biking accessory I have ever owned ! I worked on bike all day yesterday and no knee aches, not froze lying on the floor and so much easier when doing those fiddly bits like brake pad pins [emoji1303]

Some amount of stoor on that ramp Stuart, if that was my shop I would have polished and in the window with a pink HP4 on it to attract all the punters in, no wonder retail shops are losing it to online sales.
I closed my shop for financial gain and I can honestly say right until the shutters came down the products and the staff were all immaculate.

JimmyMac

Couldnt figure them out... they really werent that interested Jimmy..They would treat me different if they were self employed like we are I bet.

Sent from Galaxy S7

Latest posts

Back