M1000rr 2023 K66 oil consumption

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharky67

Reaction score
Hi , quick one I can see this topic has been discussed before .

Break in was done as per brentune break in video not as hard I suppose but close .

The bike is on roughly 2500 miles and was last serviced around 6 months ago at 1300 miles . Since then it has burned through 600ml of oil which is just shy of 3 1/4 of litre . Is this normal for the K66 … dealer ain’t got a clue when I went to go get it topped up .

Runs fine .. no lights etc on dash im assuming it won’t tell you if oil is low on this bike . Sight glass only .. which no oil was visible unless tilted all the way towards me … now on the half way mark on sight glass circle . Will check it again when hot .

Weird one for me …. No smoking .. No odd smells .. only thing it’s got fitted is akrapovic headers ..

Spoke to BMW master tech . He said that 600ml over 1k miles is normal as it’s a twin piston something … so that’s that … if anyone interested

30,000km / 18,000miles is the Engine Service. I don't know what that is, but it's the same as the S1000RR.
There's no set in stone engine refresh for the M1000RR.

The HP4-Race had a built 6.2 EWC spec engine which needed an inspection/teardown after 5000km's.

Screenshot 2024-08-20 at 22.31.20.png

Hi , quick one I can see this topic has been discussed before .

Break in was done as per brentune break in video not as hard I suppose but close .

The bike is on roughly 2500 miles and was last serviced around 6 months ago at 1300 miles . Since then it has burned through 600ml of oil which is just shy of 3 1/4 of litre . Is this normal for the K66 … dealer ain’t got a clue when I went to go get it topped up .

Runs fine .. no lights etc on dash im assuming it won’t tell you if oil is low on this bike . Sight glass only .. which no oil was visible unless tilted all the way towards me … now on the half way mark on sight glass circle . Will check it again when hot .

Weird one for me …. No smoking .. No odd smells .. only thing it’s got fitted is akrapovic headers ..

I thought it sounded right but hoped another owner would confirm. I couldn't remember if they had persisted with the 2 ring piston on the latest version.

The scope of the standard servicing is very different on the M. Mainly because the engine internals, piston rings, and gearbox are all completely different. The rod bearings also need to be changed on the major service. If you buy a M1000RR and assume running it is going to be like a standard S1000RR then you’re completely wrong. The two bikes are very different.

Back