Looking for some rim tape/trim

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumpy

Reaction score
Would you say that the RR logo on the fairing is a Cherry red or Dark red or Tomato red. I am looking for some wheel trim to match....

Or if another sort of red please link me to it.

Cheers

Isn't deep Dark?
The paint codes I got off the US forum for my track fairings were a crock of shit by the way , so dont bother with them.
Just out of interest , do you like the rim tape ?
Juries still out for me , I always thought it bordered on chavtastic but wasn't sure.

haha yeah i know what you mean, Be honest, I aint sure - I figured they are only a tenner and it was worth a punt and if they look shite - I'll rip em off. the RR logo on the thunder grey is kinda of a deep red, anyways I doubt it will match up exactly.

Buy the red reflective tape. Looks brilliant and you could even say it's safer at night time. I think any deep red would be close enough to match the logo.

I don't like rim tape.

Also the plod might not like reflective red tape - its illegal along with blue. (iirc)

I dont think its illegal, a white light to the rear or blue light to the front are an offence, rim tape i don't think would get a second look

In the regulations, lights, reflectors and reflective material are all classed as lights (this means that the public cannot have blue reflective graphics on their vehicles). The whole legal debate of reflective material is still under discussion, although by and large only amber reflective material should be used for non-emergency vehicles:

Be honest you would never lose your bike with that rim tape on..............

Back