Limiter Advice

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

Reaction score
So my limiter comes off today and i've just ridden home the dealer loan S1k which is like a different bike:

1. It's throatier

2. Far more responsive at lower revs and far quicker before 8K

3. Even feels like it tips in better than mine.... noticeable handling improvement.....

Were other peoples bike transformed in this way post limiter removal and first service?

Probably just loosened up and it's done an extra 800 miles than mine - I'll just see how it sounds and feels when I get it back later.

Different now the limiter is off - the bike is insane and rev's lower than it did which means it's sooo much quicker pre 8k.

Lowered the rearsets too and moved them back a tad - feels good.

Different now the limiter is off - the bike is insane and rev's lower than it did which means it's sooo much quicker pre 8k.

Lowered the rearsets too and moved them back a tad - feels good.

I thought the limiter only removed the electronic limt imposed at 8k? Wouldnt have any impact on the lower rev range or how the bike operates there. Or so i thought...

Maybe it's a special map which is nice and friendly, then it switches to a leaner/meaner one?

Rev Limiter

I didn't notice any difference when the rev limiter was removed apart from being able to use the entire rev range. That said it wasn't until I got it on track that I could use the full rev range and unleash the bike properly.

Back