Levers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian07120

Reaction score
Hi, anyone out there who could recommend replacement Levers? I'd rather not spend ?200

I got my shorty levers for less than ?50 and they work perfectly, just watch you don't bend the micro switches when fitting them.

15008e9dd212380ee93db6d2f1180a04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have a set of Gilles for sale.. PM me if your interested.

Beware of cheap is all I'll say. The adjustment of the microswitches is specific.

Yes obviously do some research and check reviews , I wouldn't have bought mine if they hadn't had any reviews that I could get feedback from.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mine came with the hps and they are ok but i think the asvs on my r1 are a better quality.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Beware of cheap is all I'll say. The adjustment of the microswitches is specific.

Define specific Alex? I bought a Chinese pr couple of years ago on the recommendation of someone off here. Now I have the clutch take off mint I found it hard to hang on to the left clip on lol, the shorty lever will let me hang on with 2/3 fingers while dumping the clutch. Only run up on the stands 'till I get to portimao later but seems to work ok. Construction seem good on inspection

Last edited:
Define specific Alex? I bought a Chinese pr couple of years ago on the recommendation of someone off here. Now I have the clutch take off mint I found it hard to hang on to the left clip on lol, the shorty lever will let me hang on with 2/3 fingers while dumping the clutch. Only run up on the stands 'till I get to portimao later but seems to work ok. Construction seem good on inspection

I mean the 'bump' which activates the microswitch can be inaccurately located.
If yours are peachy thats great :)

- Sent from Mobile

Agree with Alex, be careful of some of the cheap Chinese levers.......ive had first hand experience of the brake lever not being machined correctly so not allowing the master cylinder plunger to fully expand......this leads to pressure build up over time and ends with the brakes locking on! Also heard stories at the track of some snapping but never seen that.

Thanks for that, did find the pin on the lever was a touch too long where it locates in the m/c but having taken a tad off seems fine, however, I will be taking the originals lol. It was only the clutch lever I really wanted, brake was just to match.

Yeah just be careful mate mine felt fine and was normal when braking on track for a couple of laps........the pressure builds up owing to it not fully releasing if that pin is in the incorrect position in the plunger. Anyway not trying to put you off just saying be careful when you first use it to make sure all ok :encouragement:

Yeah just be careful mate mine felt fine and was normal when braking on track for a couple of laps........the pressure builds up owing to it not fully releasing if that pin is in the incorrect position in the plunger. Anyway not trying to put you off just saying be careful when you first use it to make sure all ok :encouragement:

Loud and clear...

Back