Leathers Rubbing Tank

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave80h

Reaction score
My tank is black and I have noticed straight away that my leathers appear to be rubbing the paint on the tank where my knees grip. Polish takes the worst of it away but the marks are still there. I was thinking about Ventureshield but have heard this can sometimes look a bit tatty after a while. Plus mine is the 2014 Black/Red/White so has the RR logo on the side of the tank which I don't really want to cover up. Any ideas?

Hello mate. I'd go for venture shield or tank pads. You could wax and polish the sides to create a barrier but that is going to give you no grip on the tank.

You can get clear stomp grip tank pads, google them or ebay.

if you don't want to go down the stomp grip or tech spec route then Ventura shield is prob next best option, why not buy a sheet of 3m clear Vinyl film and make your own template that way if it gets tatty just cut another and replace it, prob a lot cheaper too

Thanks, I was looking into the venture shield side of things but will have a look at the other things mentioned.

Latest posts

Back