Leathers ONE or TWO piece suit ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys i have a big dilemma about with suit pick to buy ??
At this moment I have a two piece alpinestars suit and I think is time for buy a new one there is a lots of models and brands but i will stay with a Alpinestars . The question is which You recommend for track and every day riding not for commuting just for pleasure??

So guys i wait for your opinions and suggestions;)

many thanks Thomas

Try a 1 piece and see if you can put in on and take it off without swearing.

I have a 1 piece and a 2 piece. I only wear the 1 piece for track days.

I have a 1 piece (wolf) for the track and a 2 piece for commuting and eeekend riding. I cant be dealing with the 1 piece on a day to day basis

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm completely the opposite and couldn't get on with a 2 piece set of leathers as they've never fit properly or felt as comfortable.

Even on the warmest days I have managed to put up with wearing a 1 piece suit and so i've never missed not being able to take a jacket off.

You go with what you are comfortable with but a decent fitting leather suit shouldn't be difficult to get into or out of once they are broken in :)

I also have 2 suits (1 piece and 2 piece). The 1 piece is more comfortable when I wear it but 2 piece is easier to wear and you can always use the jacket only when you want it. If I was to choose 1 piece would have been my choice.

New alpine star stuff is crap cheaply made be nothing like the older kit you have seriously I'd choose brand like held . As for one or 2 piece , I wear one as pref to feel like I'm held together if was more casual rider and less track days id choose 2 piece

New alpine star stuff is crap cheaply made be nothing like the older kit you have seriously I'd choose brand like held . As for one or 2 piece , I wear one as pref to feel like I'm held together if was more casual rider and less track days id choose 2 piece

Ok interesting ... Hmmm so if not Alpinestars what You recommend ? Witch brand ? Dainese ?

Ok one more question .. I try yesterday 1 piece suit , and now how tight should be ...? I try size 50 was great around Nice tight No pampers on my ass ;) but i cant stood straight it felt me ​​pulls down ;( thats normal or because it is NEW and later it will spread ?

Comfort in the riding position is what you're looking for, knee pressure is what I find is critical. The suit should be tight to the chest.

- Sent from Mobile

Have a look at Held. German, well made, and 'held' means hero in German so what more you could want?

Comfort in the riding position is what you're looking for, knee pressure is what I find is critical. The suit should be tight to the chest.

- Sent from Mobile

Alex yes i know all was tight chest,legs,arms,back and ass but when i try stright all suit pulls me down not make a pressure at my shoulders or balls but i feel like a i wear a suit after my younger brother ;) Hahaha u know what i mean ? So thats my question did that feelings is normal or i need bigger size 52 ?

All suits I have that I have bought new were uncomfortable when standing. As its been mentioned comfort in riding position is what counts.

If comfort while riding is all that's important, jeans and t-shirt are hard to beat - although not the best if you come off, and you might have to get a gixxer.

If you spend virtually all your time in the suit on the bike, then protection and comfort while riding are likely to be the main issues, and a decent 1 piece might be the way to go. However, if you spend a significant amount of time not riding when out on the bike, a 2 piece would generally be more practical.

If you don't have any hang-ups about such things, you can get a lot of suit for not a lot of money second hand on ebay.

I have an RST 1 piece very comfortable, Had Arlen ness 2 piece but sold them as never wore it any more as prefer the 1 piece, it personal choice i guess

My preference is a 2 piece suit, mainly used on road also have used on track and trusted them 100%. Im on my 2nd set of leathers from Hideout, tried and tested, exceptional strength, survived a 80 mph Highside without a scratch to my skin but had a couple of broken bones.

Made to measure is not cheap but the fit is good http://www.hideout-leather.co.uk/

Last edited:
Whether you go for 1 or 2 piece I'd highly recommend having a look at RST gear. Very well priced and really good kit. I came off my blade at about 60/70 ish 3 years ago and jacket was wrecked, trousers were scuffed but ok and no grazes , scratches or broken bones. Don't think I'd use any other kit now.

I have a 1 piece (wolf) for the track and a 2 piece for commuting and eeekend riding. I cant be dealing with the 1 piece on a day to day basis

Is your Wolf suit made out of kangaroo skin, been looking at them, if so how do you get on with it?

Yes it is mate. Really really nice. I had an alpinstars befor this one and the wolf is head and shoulders a better suit

Back