Leaky calipers recall

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info BBB, as I've experienced with BMW cars, US are normally the first to issue the recalls with the manufacturer, then a couple of months down the line UK/Rest of Europe follows suit.

Thanks for the info BBB, as I've experienced with BMW cars, US are normally the first to issue the recalls with the manufacturer, then a couple of months down the line UK/Rest of Europe follows suit.

No doubt the US Claim$ culture has a bearing on that..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Indeed, I cannot see a globally identical part only being recalled in the USA. But we're not there yet here it seems.

- Alex

Yes that?s USA because the rest of the world already had theirs recalled! Mine exchanged since April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that?s USA because the rest of the world already had theirs recalled! Mine exchanged since April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah they do exchange them but there is no official recall in EU

mine are on 4500 miles and no leaks, will they swap them anyway if theres a uk recall and my bike fall in the correct dates. fingers crossed im out of the dates. :)

I asked the dealer about the front caliper issue with the new GSA I am getting in due course and he said that the more recent builds have the new parts that dont leak. I dont know what the cut off date was but I would hazard a guess it was earlier this year.

I asked the dealer about the front caliper issue with the new GSA I am getting in due course and he said that the more recent builds have the new parts that dont leak. I dont know what the cut off date was but I would hazard a guess it was earlier this year.

Article says about Feb 2020

This call-back applies to a range of different motorcycles including the R 1250 GS, R 1250 GS Adventure, R 1250 RT, S 1000 RR and the S 1000 XR. All affected vehicles are from the 2019 and 2020 model years and were produced from August 2018 to February of this year.

Leaky Calipers Recall

I asked the dealer about the front caliper issue and he said that the more recent builds have the new parts that dont leak. I dont know what the cut off date was but I would hazard a guess it was earlier this year.

My RR is a 2020 build and I was advised by the dealership when I collected it that it had been fitted with revised caliper parts at the Factory. Suffice to say they have never leaked since I?ve had it nor did they whilst it was sat in the showroom for months.

Latest posts

Back