Launch of the new 2015 BMW S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kls

Reaction score
MCN Senior Road Tester Michael Neeves is at the launch of the 2015 BMW S1000RR at the Monteblanco circuit near Seville, Spain today.

It?s the superbike?s biggest overhaul since the original version came out in 2010. It has a staggering 199bhp (so easily breaking the magic 200bhp with a race exhaust), more torque, 4kg less weight, a new frame, steering geometry, styling and even cruise control. It has new electronics, including an extra riding mode, launch control and a pitlane speed limiter.

As well as all the usual BMW HP performance, touring and aesthetic goodies that will be available, you can specify DDC electronic suspension and forged aluminium wheels, which makes the 2015 S1000RR a more-or-less a faster version of the HP4, which has now been discontinued. You can also go for an auto-blipper for clutchless downchanges.

Didn't know the blipper actually meant clutchless ??
Thought it was to keep revs up when you released your clutch.

Two option packages are available, Dynamic and Race plus all the usual HP stuff also available mag wheels

uumm i like it!!! the auto blipper sounds the nuts we will just have to see how much it costs

I think they explain it quite well over the two video's. They have learn't from the S1KRR, HP4 and delivered a NEW product. Whilst featuring many cues from the old bike this is essentially all new. So, the HP4 was the zenith of the OLD platform, and there will be a new HP4 to be the ultimate of the new one. Expecting the old to be kept up-to-date with the new is a tad naive as they are in the business of selling bikes...and some things just are impractical. If you love the HP4 then there's no point changing I expect. But those of us with a standard bike it's probably going to be more enticing.

Just wondering why they haven't released any pricing yet? Are they waiting to see the new R1, H2R and/or Honda thing (if they do anything)?
I've "registered my interest" on the Motorrad website, so hopefully I'll get a test ride soon and see how much an improvement it really feels and whether to get one or not.

Dealer told me that pricing usually follows after the show, I was promised pricing when it becomes available and nothing yet. I seem to remember other new bmw models in the past being unwrapped around now being in dealers for test rides Feb / March the following year. Which always seemed stupid to me, test ride in February?

Yes I have to agree this new S1 certainly sounds and looks like the dogs bollocks, I don't think it will be cheap for the full package. It's strange how all the manufactures are chasing that 200bhp with there new models.

My dealer said he'd call in December when they have the pricing info...so I'm assuming its not out till then.

Back