Krakow bound

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Anyone been, me and 3 mates flying tomorrow for 4 days... were doing the salt mines and Auschwitz... any personal recs ?

Last edited:
Been to both , salt mine is very good and auschwitz kind of fucked me up really , what happened there is a disgrace to the human race . Take the full guided tour , well worth it .

Me and my father in law really fancy doing the Auschwitz tour stu, let us know what it was like when you get back, are you flying direct from Glasgow? cheap flights and accommodation?

Soooooo cheap... in a Vodka bar 85p a shot.... so far Chupa Chups is best... aye lads we done a tour of the Jewish ghetto...and Schindlers factory today... 17500 crammed into 15 streets in the Ghetto... sobering .... salt mines tomorrow and Auschwitz Tuesday...

ForumRunner_20160424_144558.jpg

ForumRunner_20160424_144604.jpg

Me and my father in law really fancy doing the Auschwitz tour stu, let us know what it was like when you get back, are you flying direct from Glasgow? cheap flights and accommodation?

Edinburgh Davy... 120 return ea plus 80 quid ea 3 nites and brekkie... so cheap man

cheers Stu , defo going to look into this , have a good time mate.

Enjoy Stu, Been to a wedding in Poland, rode there on my 2012 S1000rr. Alcohol nearly killed me, seriously, took about a week to be able top stand up properly without my guts being ripped in two.

Twoje zdrowie!!

JimmyMac

Enjoy Stu, Been to a wedding in Poland, rode there on my 2012 S1000rr. Alcohol nearly killed me, seriously, took about a week to be able top stand up properly without my guts being ripped in two.

Twoje zdrowie!!

JimmyMac

ForumRunner_20160425_175725.jpg

ForumRunner_20160425_175818.jpg

ForumRunner_20160425_175833.jpg

The whole place is so cheap... been to the salt mines today... cant even begin to describe it... just amazing Auschwitz tomorrow

Last edited:
Auschwitz is something everyone should see. It is something you can't really explain, don't enjoy, but are compelled to visit. I only say don't enjoy because enjoy is not a word that should be used for that place. Definitely recommend anyone to go.

Auschwitz is something everyone should see. It is something you can't really explain, don't enjoy, but are compelled to visit. I only say don't enjoy because enjoy is not a word that should be used for that place. Definitely recommend anyone to go.

Comments are on the money again... we are just back. The sheer scale of Birkenau... which was built 3km from Auschwitz to aid with the volume is almost beyond belief... the main thing I took from our visit is how organised the Nazis were, these MoFos never missed a thing from start to finish...then tried to destroy the evidence. Murder on an industrial scale.

ForumRunner_20160427_154121.jpg

ForumRunner_20160427_154149.jpg

ForumRunner_20160427_154211.jpg

ForumRunner_20160427_154255.jpg

ForumRunner_20160427_154328.jpg

It is a must see.. its been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember...

Last edited:
Not seen pics showing the scale of it like that before, I've been to Poland a few times on business but I don't know if I'd like to visit Auschwitz or not, it's a troubling place and sadly there are many people around today who have learned nothing from what happened

Been to both , salt mine is very good and auschwitz kind of fucked me up really , what happened there is a disgrace to the human race . Take the full guided tour , well worth it .

Salt mine is amazing kev... hard to comprehend the sizes of the rooms and gallerys..all hand carved.

Latest posts

Back