jet wash v hand wash

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon d

Reaction score
Do most people jet wash there bikes or hand wash them. Jet washed mine today as usual obviously very carefully n started it after as usual with no probs. Just thinking long term if i am potentially causing future problems. :)

Pretty sure they use a jet wash at the BMW dealer when you take it in for a service!

I never use jet washers or hose when cleaning,there are much better ways for cleaning your machine. But all I do is fill a bucket with very hot water and use dodo shampoo,then using a Microfibre cloth,soak in the bucket and wring out the cloth and start wiping from tank first,also note if bike is heavy soiled ie bugs and crap,use a bug remover first,I use Autoglym,or have a trigger bottle handy with the shampoo in it and lightly cover the area. Keep doing this all the way down,and for the wheels use the same method but refill bucket with fresh water. You'll notice there will be no streaking and the bike will look awesome,then it's down to the detail part. Enjoy, and Simon has seen my bike,so he knows my method works. ;,)

Latest posts

Back