Jap4 Carbon Frame covers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyMac

Reaction score
Hi, Anyone got Jap4 Carbon frame covers on there bike? If so how does it compare pattern wise with the BMW oem carbon.

Considering it at the moment, can't seem to find any other manufacturer of them. I know TYCO use them on their 2015-16 bikes.

JimmyMac

I've been looking at carbon myself. I'm after a hugger without the hole. I've found an alternative to Ilmberger (and cheaper) but they don't supply infill panels which I'm interested in so would have to look elsewhere.

I'm not sure about matching carbon from different suppliers as I'm sure the weave and patterns etc. would be subtly different. Ilmberger do the full suite of carbon but it's way over the top in terms of cost.

Here's some other alternatives;

http://www.the-carbon-king.com/Search/ByKeywords?words=BMW&all=1

https://www.racefoxx.com/TRACK_1

http://www.zero-limits.co.uk/browse/1205/bmw

Jimmy also have a look at the Carbon King stuff, Paul Train who owns that setup does the 3K Twill weave stuff which looks extremely similar to Ilmberger stuff, i have the carbon frame covers from him for mine but never quite got as far putting them yet (i tried with silicon but put too much on so it didn't set so I took them off whilst I finished the rest of the bike :D )

http://www.the-carbon-king.com/Prod...-CARBON-FIBRE-FRAME-PROTECTORS-IN-TWILL-WEAVE

I can vouch for carbon king as well. Ive been dealing with paul train for over 3 yrs and never had a problem. Ive had tank infills, mid fairing infills, belly pan, heal guards ,chain cover and rear hugger off him for the s1000 rr. I did the whole of my r1 with his stuff as well

Yeah I did all of my bike so far with his stuff, got the front mudguard, tank cover and tank infils as well as the upper fairings, the winglets and the rear hugger/chain guard.

As mentioned I have the frame covers and I will get round to putting them on the next time the fairings off but for now I can't be bothered :D

I have what I think is a Jap4 street bellypan fairing which I am going to replace with the Carbon King ones too so It is all matching.

Very impressed with it all, it all matches and is extremely good quality, wished I had used him previously for my R1 too as that was all Akrapovic stuff which cost a fortune :(

He would do well to make a matching bolt down seat cowl too like the one Carbon World in Germany do (which is an excellent fit if you don't use what little space there is underneath :D ) but fortunately the weave on that one is a very good match to the rest of his stuff :)

Did any one get carbon kings frame covers to see if they match Bmw carbon?

Carbon Fibre Frame Protectors

If you do buy a set of carbon fibre frame protectors make sure that you get a set which cover the frame spars as well. My alpha Racing set saved my frame from any damage and the only part that made contact with the ground was the section covering the frame spar.

Hi All,
I have all Jap4 stuff fitted to my bike they even used my Infill panels to make the moulds for the carbon replacements and gave me a free set, The fit is good and the quality is 2nd to none they even offer the forum a 10% discount so a plus all round. I think the airbox cover and tank sides cost me less than the BMW airbox cover on its own, I did post pic on another post but they have gone because of photo box, but can email some if anyone wants some.

Dean

Roks carbon also make frame covers. I have never fitted any myself but the reviews are good.

Roks carbon also make frame covers. I have never fitted any myself but the reviews are good.

I bought some for my gen2. Had to be dremmel?d to line up the holes. But otherwise ok.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Well...they were. They are no Ilmberger/Alpha but then you can?t expect it when spending less.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Back