It's arrived

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keruso

Reaction score
At last Picked up my S1000RR today. It came with Metzeler Sportec M7 RR tyres, I thought it would come with the Racetec's but never mind, it will be used on the road the vast majority of the time. My only slight disappointment is the rear paddock stand bobbins. I ordered the BMW official ones but they are incredibly small and very close to the swing arm. Guaranteed to scratch the swing arm when getting it on/off the stand. I had R&G ones on my fireblade which were a lot bigger and kept the stand hooks clear of the swing arm. I'll get them changed at the first service. :congratulatory:

Congrats on the new bike Keruso. I have the Gilles bobbins that are the same as the BMW ones, yes very close, but if you buy the BMW paddock stands they fit perfectly and I have never scratched mine in 4 years.

I put a photo in the showroom last week of my pink bike, you'll see the stands on it.

Get the miles in and unleash the beast.

JimmyMac

Yea congratulations on your new bike Keruso!

Now you just need to run it in and get the first service out of the way ASAP!

Enjoy your new bike and this good weather :).

Oli

Enjoy the bike, those tyres are excellent for road use.
All the grip you'll need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new bike if your disappointed with the tyres you will be the only one I've heard of they do everything you need for road riding.

Congrats on the new bike if your disappointed with the tyres you will be the only one I've heard of they do everything you need for road riding.

i have put about 150 miles on the bike so far, actually I'm very impressed with the tyres, feels very sure footed and grips well, confidence inspiring. Very happy to keep them.

Congrats on the new bike Keruso. I have the Gilles bobbins that are the same as the BMW ones, yes very close, but if you buy the BMW paddock stands they fit perfectly and I have never scratched mine in 4 years.

I put a photo in the showroom last week of my pink bike, you'll see the stands on it.

Get the miles in and unleash the beast.

JimmyMac

Hi many thanks for the info. With my fireblade, which had the R&G cotton reels, unassisted I used to be able to move the bike upright off the sidestand with one arm, then position the paddock stand to grab the reels with the other arm, once both reels were in the hooks I would quickly get round the back to lift it up. It did always feel like an accident waiting to happen :ambivalence: but there was always some side-to-side movement getting it on the stand and when taking it off. Unlike the bigger R&B reels, with any side to side movement the hooks will definitely scratch the swing arm with these dinky little BMW reels.
Maybe I should be using a front wheel chock to keep the bike upright and stable before using the rear stand ? I've only had my licence for 18 months so a bit inexperienced in these matters. Advice welcome thank you. :redface-new:

Hi, because I haven't been riding for that long, at my riding level I don't think I would ever get near the ability of Metzeler Racetec or Supercorsa's, hence I was always planning to put a more road focused sport tyre on the bike. After a little googling it seemed the latest Pirelli Diablo Rosso 3 would be today's pick of the bunch, but you're right these tyres are superb and perfect for where and when I ride.

Welcome,

The guys are on here are a fountain of knowledge and very helpful, like me any queries on the bike, etc this is the first place I check......... enjoy the bike and enjoy the forum.

Nice colour scheme and looks very very shiny?

Noooo!! always use the rear stand 1st for stability. I always shut mine down in gear, 1/ it stops it rolling away on a slope and 2/ helps when putting it on the stand.

Oh, and welcome lol enjoy the beast !

Last edited:
Noooo!! always use the rear stand 1st for stability. I always shut mine down in gear, 1/ it stops it rolling away on a slope and 2/ helps when putting it on the stand.

Oh, and welcome lol enjoy the beast !

+1 Always use the rear paddock stand first, then the front.

Oli

Hi many thanks for the info.
Maybe I should be using a front wheel chock to keep the bike upright and stable before using the rear stand ? I've only had my licence for 18 months so a bit inexperienced in these matters. Advice welcome thank you. :redface-new:

Hi Keruso, likewise I always use the rear stand first as this locks into the bobbins whereas my front stand only goes under the forks, so the rear on is much more secure.

JimmyMac

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back