Anyone using the Abba Skylift?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CDPDesign

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Just spent the majority of the day cleaning and polishing, degreasing and re-greasing chain etc...

I'm still waiting for my paddock stand bobbins to arrive, so I fashioned some from a couple of bolts, penny washers and nuts as spacers.

I have an old set of the purple Micron stands, and I was really shocked to find that they are almost too wide for the S1k! The hooks were full extended inwards and only just reached.

The right side hook also clashes with the end can so it's made me start thinking of alternatives.

For some time I've been looking at abba stands, then I saw the Skylift at the NEC last year. If they weren't so expensive I'd just order one, but at ?437 they are a fair old investment...

The idea of having the bike at eye level when sat on a stool for cleaning purposes really appeals to me, but ?437 would probably induce the wife into a serial killing spree....

Anyone got one, tried one or has any alternatives that are about a couple of hundred maximum?

Just spent the majority of the day cleaning and polishing, degreasing and re-greasing chain etc...

I'm still waiting for my paddock stand bobbins to arrive, so I fashioned some from a couple of bolts, penny washers and nuts as spacers.

I have an old set of the purple Micron stands, and I was really shocked to find that they are almost too wide for the S1k! The hooks were full extended inwards and only just reached.

The right side hook also clashes with the end can so it's made me start thinking of alternatives.

For some time I've been looking at abba stands, then I saw the Skylift at the NEC last year. If they weren't so expensive I'd just order one, but at ?437 they are a fair old investment...

The idea of having the bike at eye level when sat on a stool for cleaning purposes really appeals to me, but ?437 would probably induce the wife into a serial killing spree....

Anyone got one, tried one or has any alternatives that are about a couple of hundred maximum?

get the spider stand from demon tweeks I got one they work lovely and only about ?130

Hello,

Another alternative which i use and would happily recommend is the ABBA Superbike stand with the front lift arm kit also ( was if i remember about ?150 as a whole kit, with the RR fitting kit direct from them )
Cant fault it myself.

Cheers

I'm using the Abba Skylift and it's the nuts!!!

I had the Bursig Lift before, the quality of the Abba product is unrivalled.

Top quality bit of kit, bike is steady right the way to the top.

Recommended.

Im using then abba skylift for the 3 bikes i have, can not recommend it enough, very easy to use and very sturdy.

I got mine on the bike show deal ?399 with the BMW and honda findings

Recommended

Latest posts

Back