Is it the original chain 15 plate rr sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thefridge1980

Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know any easily recognisable ways of seeing if your bike has the original chain, my bike has 11k on the clock, I have no way of checking of its the original chain or not?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

This is a pic of my chain and sprocket if it helps at all. If the chain was replaced then I'd expect the sprocket to be different to though I think some folk had issues with chains early on in the bikes life and swapped it so may not necessarily have replaced the sprockets as well.

If its a rusty piece of crap then its the original gen3 chain, Billo you must have the best looked after original chain in the country! Swapped mine for a Renthal 525 gold, much better finished than the OEM bit of tat

Ha ha, I'm taking my politeness filter off, I degreased and then lubed my chain, two days later in the garage it was a rusty poo colour.. Nuff said

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

OEM Chain

The OEM chain isn't very good at all even when regularly maintained. That said it's no worse than a cheap aftermarket chain but you are far better off replacing it with a quality item from the likes of D.I.D etc.

Can't believe you guys, I've never had a problem with my chain from 2010 to date. I'd rather clean it after use than spend 150 squid I guess lol

I have a brand new stock chain and sprockets available from the new 17 bike, just requires a new soft link to join it
?50 for the lot plus post

I have a brand new stock chain and sprockets available from the new 17 bike, just requires a new soft link to join it
?50 for the lot plus post

Hi Paul, please keep your ads to the FS section. I've banned someone today who took issue with this being a 'free' forum and those unreasonable rules about posting things for sale in the right place with a price, please don't follow his example, you're a welcome contributor, if you post your stuff in the relevant section you'll do ok, members have a habit of finding what they are looking for :). Cheers.

Latest posts

Back