Insurance in London

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

londonfrog

Reaction score
Hi all,

Renewal from BMW Insurance is the size of a small country's GDP.

I am in Central London, 10y no claims doesn't seem to stop them asking for a Kidney.

Would anyone have suggestions for insurers willing to deal with s1000rr parked in an underground parking (which according to many is no better than in plain sight on the road).

Any ideas welcome

Look I am paying £1.60 a mile in insurance - see if you can top that with 1300 excess :) i just paid it and stopped thinking about it (yes i had approx 40 quotes most expensive was 9.5k's) no i am not loaded but it is what it is and nothing is going stop me getting on that bike.

good ways to get your ins. down.

Fit a tracker
Join IAM (institute of advanced motorists)
Alarm
Imob (already fitted but not listed in the ins. check list)
lower your SD&P mileage to 1000
Increase your voluntary access to the max (£1000)
store your bike in a brick garage which is locked
add an alarm to the storage area.

These things will bring you ins. down

failing that get 2000 zx9r very cheap ins and at the very least you will blend in lol

I got mine from Motorcycle direct. If they cannot get you a good quote they will beat it them selves and have their own underwriter, Grouparama or something.

Good luck mate

Last edited:
Mce shafted me this year they want 530
but bike insurer came out tops with Hastings for 227

What kind of mileage are you insuring for gents? Your premiums are way lower than mine.

As my S1K was my first performance bike, and I only had a UK bike licence 1.5 yrs (been biking longer) when I bought it, I knew I was getting shafted for ins. However, I got a sub 1k quote (for 3,000 miles pa), which I though was good (!!) and then went looking for a bike. By the time I'd ordered it (2 weeks later), the companies offering me the 2/3 lowest quotes had all changed their minds about insuring me at all. That meant that all of a sudden I had a bike on the way and no way to insure it. Ended up having to go with BMW for a lot more than 1k...

...and I live in leafy Surrey, and the (alarmed, immbolised, Trackered) bike is kept in a brick garage behind a security entrance, under a ton of (approved) chains and locks, and I have 10+ years history of no accidents in cars or bikes.

Looking forward to seeing what 2 years no claims and IAM pass does for the premium......

I passed my test in September and I got 4 years ncb and ibpay £950 in south wales

Look I am paying £1.60 a mile in insurance - see if you can top that with 1300 excess :) i just paid it and stopped thinking about it (yes i had approx 40 quotes most expensive was 9.5k's) no i am not loaded but it is what it is and nothing is going stop me getting on that bike.

That's a good way/ depressing way of seeing bike insurance, makes me less under 6p a mile for 10k miles declared with business use.

Well I did the rounds and no luck... Postcode rubbish I guess! Thank you for the advice anyway!

Latest posts

Back