Increasing rear pre load for pillion on a 2015

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triplejimmy

Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this has been asked many times before but, for the 2015 with DDC if I want to take a pillion for a prolonged period of time i.e. a weeks holiday then I am guessing I would need to increase the pre load on the rear to compensate for A the weight of the pillion and B the weight of the luggage we will also be taking. Correct? I have been reading about how to adjust the rear pre load in the manual and it seems easy enough but, what is doesn't say is if I should do a recalibration afterwards? Also I do not have a 3rd person to calculate the sag when we are both sat on the bike so would a best guess be ok e.g. set the sag for me and then a turn more or set the up limit of suggested sag (least amount) in the manual so that with the pillion you are close/at the max suggested sag?

Cool thanks. I guess we will be about 170kg all in as I am about 92 plus the 65 for the wife and then a bit for gear. Just to confirm you went +2 (harder) on comp and reb front and rear?

Hi,

We went to the TT on my '15, we had no issues with the preload, mine is backed off all the way. I weigh 90K, my wife is 65K both without gear so add another 10K

We also had a BMW tank bag and a rucksack.

My thoughts are the standard springs are too hard on the '15 for a single rider as in my opinion, it handles better with two up, on the road that is.

Different on the track, of course.

ok interesting. Sounds like your similar setup to us as in tank bag and weight, may not bother then and just go with tweaking the comp and rebound if I need to. Might have a little test ride tonight and play around with the settings a bit.

Cool thanks. I guess we will be about 170kg all in as I am about 92 plus the 65 for the wife and then a bit for gear. Just to confirm you went +2 (harder) on comp and reb front and rear?

Hey Jimmy....yeah from memory i was in sport mode +2 front and rear....we also tried race mode +0 which was even better on the smoother roads but generally the missus preferred sport +2 .....it's really easy to alter settings on the go so probably best to just experiment and see what you prefer?

Enjoy! :)

Thanks. We had a little test ride about 25 miles round trip stopped half way. Went out with +2 all round in user mode with DDC set to sport. It still surprises me this stuff works with no screw driver twiddling, felt a real difference seems good at the moment.

Latest posts

Back