In search of knowledge

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobble

Reaction score
I'm test riding a new model in a couple of weeks and thought I can gain some info from you guys. Looks like you have a great community here so I hope the bike lives up to its reputation.

Mainly road but really enjoy the track on the right bike. The Ring is my favourite.

Anyone recommend a setting to use on the test ride that would suit a 12.5stone rider. Bit pointless going out if it's set up for 9 stone racing snake.

Anyone recommend a setting to use on the test ride that would suit a 12.5stone rider. Bit pointless going out if it's set up for 9 stone racing snake.

providing the demo bike suspension hasn't been altered from factory settings, it should suit you're weight spot on ;-) Its apparently setup from the factory for an 85kg rider (including gear). I'm same weight as you and my 2015 feels great in all modes. Rain & Sport suspension settings are the same and then you'll notice things firm up a bit more in Race/Slick etc. ....enjoy and have your credit card ready! ;-)

unless you are going to start power sliding the demo bike right out of the car park, i think the suspension is the least of your worries.
get a feel for the bike in all aspects of riding, all the set up stuff can come later

Had my test ride, really enjoyed it. Thought the bike bike was let by the horrible levers but that's an easy fix. Couldn't get neutral which was very annoying....hope this gets better with miles. The one thing that I wasn't expecting was the very poor throttle response which I'm led to believe is a consequence of Fly by wire. Overall a cracking bike and I'm now hunting for deal.

Throttle Response could be down to mode, and if its completed it's run-in. Use it in Race to get the best from it On-Road. Not sure if Slick gets more but the jump from Sport to Race is noticable.
Neutral isn't easy to get, been covered to death, it's a "feature". 2nd to N easiest when stationary. Getting N easiest when still rolling.
Lots of the bike is built to a price, the levers are a victim of that as they expect you to throw them away if you race. The "HP" BMW levers and rearsets are almost a must have from the factory.

Back