I finally did it!!!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toffeeboy

Reaction score
Finally bought a bike and picked it up today. Only done a few miles on it so still finding the rear brake a but odd and the gear change a bit clonky but all in all very impressed. Not sure if adding a set of rearsets will really make any difference but will get a few miles under my belt before changing too much

Also having standard, non-heated grips I find them a bit too thin so think a pair of grip puppies may be required for comfort.

What are the basic 'no brainer' things I should add to proctect the bike, tank etc from scratches, knocks, rubs from leathers etc?

Thanks guys

Finally bought a bike and picked it up today. Only done a few miles on it so still finding the rear brake a but odd and the gear change a bit clonky but all in all very impressed. Not sure if adding a set of rearsets will really make any difference but will get a few miles under my belt before changing too much

Also having standard, non-heated grips I find them a bit too thin so think a pair of grip puppies may be required for comfort.

What are the basic 'no brainer' things I should add to proctect the bike, tank etc from scratches, knocks, rubs from leathers etc?

Thanks guys

I'd say venture shield is probably the best way to look after the paintwork.

Very little need as the front and rear brakes are linked! I've got stomp grips on the tank. Helps protect it from the rubbing you mention and for me at least means you can hold some weight on your knees and take a bit of weight off your wrists.

The gearbox is a bag of nails. Just when you think it's getting better, clank clunk, nope.

All the bikes I've ridden seem to pick up N when shifting from 1st to 2nd quite easily and when shifting quickly sometimes they don't pick up the next gear, at first I thought it was just the demo bike but they all seem to have the same trait. Wouldn't go as far as calling it a bag of nails though

All the bikes I've ridden seem to pick up N when shifting from 1st to 2nd quite easily and when shifting quickly sometimes they don't pick up the next gear, at first I thought it was just the demo bike but they all seem to have the same trait. Wouldn't go as far as calling it a bag of nails though

It's defo the worst gearbox I've encountered on a bike. Nowhere near jap levels of smoothness

My gear box was perfectly smooth (better than the 2011 zx10 I rode) but after 12k its as shit as it can be.

new gears and clutch plates for 18k service is on the cards

Which ones fit best and where's it best to buy them?

Thanks

Evotech for me as they bolt into the existing mounting holes. Not a zip tie is sight, nice and easy to fit. Little disconcerting at first as I had to remove the whole faring on my HP4 to get them on.

Back