hp4 v gen3

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firesrus

Reaction score
thanks for your replies regarding the choice between the 2016 and hp4 ive decided on a 2016 gen3 should hopefully collect it next week. now i will need the suspension setting up any recommendations ??

Alex, did you have to leave your bike with MCT or was it ride in ride out?

I read the OP's question as getting the static sag sorted etc, so you have a basic suspension set up for your weight. That rarely costs more than ?50. Alex - what do you get for ?285? That must be fork oil refresh etc?

Last edited:
I read the OP's question as getting the static sag sorted etc, so you have a basic suspension set up for your weight. That rarely costs more than ?50. Alex - what do you get for ?285? That must be fork oil refresh etc?

Forks out, oil replaced, springs replaced (2x10Nm), oil level set (air gap), MCT preload internals.
Sag setup
DDC setup.

Last edited:
Cheers, that makes sense.

I assume that this is similar to the stuff the dealer does in the expensive 18,000 mile service (which I might get to next year on my Gen 2). I've been thinking of heading to MCT for a suspension refresh, partly to get the bike ready for winter in Spain/next year trackdays, with the added advantage of reducing the hit on the big service next year...

Firesrus - if you are talking about the simpler basic setup then I can recommed the Oval Motorbike Centre in Battersea London, if that's close to you. It was ?25 last time I had it done.

Where are you based?

I went to MCT Suspension in Stowmarket.

im up north I normally go to Kias but I've never had a bike with all this electric suspension thingy. I'm guessing a re spring for front and rear and sag setting up etc as I'm 15 stone

Yeah that was comprehensive and MCT needs booking at least 2 months in advance. Darren is trying to wind down the amount of work he does. So he continues to enjoy it.

You don't have to go that far but I wanted the bike to be setup for me from the start.

im up north I normally go to Kias but I've never had a bike with all this electric suspension thingy. I'm guessing a re spring for front and rear and sag setting up etc as I'm 15 stone

15st is pretty much where the stock suspension is aimed at (road use) so I think you'll be ok.
Most people soften the DDC (-2/-3) on the road to help with the bad road conditions.

Congratulations with your choice on a Gen 3 RR!
I hope you collect your new steed soon and enjoy it immensely :)

Latest posts

Back