HP Engine Protection

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ty5364

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm thinking of starting to do trackdays on my beloved RR and wondered if it was worth changing my current HP engine protection to something like GB Racing covers? It just looks so minimal when compared with engine protection covers.

myself and the missis have both tested the GB stuff...never failed yet and my missis has defo put it through its paces. :)

BMW HP Engine Case Protectors

I have the HP Engine Case Protectors fitted and they performed extremely well following a recent trackday crash. Granted they needed replacing but the engine casing was completely unmarked.

The issue I have with the HP/Rizoma engine casing protectors is that they don't cover the casings so they will be as much use as a chocolate teapot if you end up in the gravel. I think you got lucky Ryan.

BMW HP Engine Case Protectors

I would certainly use them again but I would only recommend them in conjunction with other forms of crash protection.

Re: BMW HP Engine Case Protectors

Thanks for all the feedback guys, based on what has been said I have decided to replace my current HP engine protection with a set of GB Racing engine covers.

I’m guessing that the next step will be to replace the OEM fairing with a cheaper race fairing, probable best to purchase two sets and ditch the front lights in the process? I’m not sure if these changes will invalidate my warranty, I guess ill find out on my next servicing lol.

Latest posts

Back