Horrendous riding conditions last night

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy tims

Reaction score
Went to see Opeth at Wembley Arena last night & the ride home was bloody awful. Heavy rain was forecast, so I had proper kit on, but it was worse than I'd been expecting for sure - torrential rain & very strong winds. Home is a bit north of wear storm angus was at it's worst but we were on the edge of it. Last few miles off the motorway was the worst, with some huge puddles - I'd guess nearly 2ft deep and soggy leaves all over the road.

Anyway I made it home safely, rather relieved it was over. I'd only used rain mode once before, but was certainly glad to have it last night.

Bike was filthy when I checked this morning so a quick wash was certainly in order.

Glad I don't have to ride in conditions like that too often these day, now my bike commuting is in the past.

Good work on getting home safe - I was out last night in London and got drenched, in retrospect I'm glad to have been on foot.

Glad you got back safe Andy, for sure sometimes when you get caught out like that it gives you a wee fright. Adversity makes you a better person though according to a saying of my late Grandad, he was right too.

"Alex, no excuses for you, young man. You should of had your brolly with you, don't let it happen again." Haha, that is exactly what my Grandad would have told you.

JimmyMac

I remember getting caught out heading back from a trip down to cornwall. 3 hrs and some horrendus weather and road conditions. Wet mode was used for the first time but i had summer clothes on and within 5 mins i was soaked through. It was that bad the rain was running UP inside my lid off my jacket. Once the rain got inside the pinlock i was riding pretty much blind. Horrible feeling

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Went to see Opeth at Wembley Arena last night & the ride home was bloody awful. Heavy rain was forecast, so I had proper kit on, but it was worse than I'd been expecting for sure - torrential rain & very strong winds. Home is a bit north of wear storm angus was at it's worst but we were on the edge of it. Last few miles off the motorway was the worst, with some huge puddles - I'd guess nearly 2ft deep and soggy leaves all over the road.

Anyway I made it home safely, rather relieved it was over. I'd only used rain mode once before, but was certainly glad to have it last night.

Bike was filthy when I checked this morning so a quick wash was certainly in order.

Glad I don't have to ride in conditions like that too often these day, now my bike commuting is in the past.
Respect Andy... I hate riding in poor weather, at this time of the year is a different level..why did you go by bike ?

Sent from Galaxy S7

Was out riding on Saturday .... the forecast was dry and it was quite nice out....Anyway, my mate too me to P&H where is was looking at purchasing a new Blade (until he had a little blat on mine)..... he is really confused now.... however, at about 3pm.... the heavens opened and we parted ways... him back to Brighton and me up the M23 in towards London.... the rain was ready to drop it load when I twisted the throttle and it could not quite keep up.... was more wet from the spray..... Text each other.... he got severely pi$$ed on ....

He has been on autotrader since looking at an RR..... ;-()

Ahh kk. You live where I bought my car...the one that cost a bomb to fix. Lol

- Sent from Mobile

Latest posts

Back