HID light conversion. HELP!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingsman84

Reaction score
Im looking for a good lighting kit for a xenon hid mod for my 2013 HP4!. Ive found the complete kits ranging from ?15 up to ?180, but am still not finding what I want. I want the 55w 10k conversion to get that really bright beam with a blue tint to the light. I want both sides( high beam and low beam). And obviously no error codes. I dont want to pay stupid money but will go to ?150 for the right ones, they need to be quality aswell no rubbish. Has anyone done the mod? Any help would be appreciated. Point me to a good kit if u can. Thanks

Last edited:
I got 55w 6k . Personally i wouldnt go above 8k as you wont be seeing much. 6 and 8k are best for vision. I got 1 on main and 1 on high only slight issue is first time you put high on there is a delay while it warms up after its warm you can switch off and on with no issues. The side lights i changed to leds but this will throw a code. Easily got around by going into menu and over riding it. Ballasts i fixed inside mid fairings down under lights. Get some long nose pliers for side lights

HID's should not be used on High Beam due to the requirement to flash that light. Aftermarket HID's do not do quick on/off's.

I would recommend only an H7 55w HID for Dipped + a high quality Halogen for highbeam.

Alex ive found once warm they flash just fine

Kevin i had them fitted for me on the r1 and was charged 70 quid by a mate . Will have a look at what make later today. I took them off the r1 as a track bike now and switched to the beamer

It's not advised, fairly sure it's not legal either. Sorry but I don't think it matters if you can "make it work".

Im not bothered about legal or illegal. Haha purely because im not a massive tool!! I want them for looks plain and simple. They would have to catch me first..

Im doing both because it looks awesome. I honestly cant remember the last time i used my flash anyway. If anyone can help with a good kit id appreciate it. Can you link the led's you used pal???

Really sceptical about the ebay stuff m8. Are thay what you are using at the min? And im going with 8k now i think

attachment.php

I bought this set for my GSA about a year ago, around 8,000 miles later they are still great. Slimline ballasts too.

JimmyMac

Them leds say they wont trip the warning sensor which is a little bonus. As for the hids my friend ordered from there for his audi tt and were delivered 2 days later

Yeah jimmy mine done 18k miles on the r1 and now 3 k ish on the s1000rr no bulbs gone and like you say slim line ballasts sit in fairings nice and snuggly

Im not bothered about legal or illegal. Haha purely because im not a massive tool!! I want them for looks plain and simple. They would have to catch me first..

You aren't a massive tool? Are you sure about that....seem like a complete knobhead to me from that statement.

You aren't a massive tool? Are you sure about that....seem like a complete knobhead to me from that statement.

No im pretty sure pal!! Im not bothered if our government say its legal or illegal. Its a light in my opinion! Im sure your a complete law obiding citizen then are you? Sticking to all speed limits ect!!. And for the record.... yes!! They would have to catch me first!! Sorry m8 please dont swear... its offensive... go and bother someone elses post son.

Latest posts

Back