Hi there

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I agree Stephen. Or when they pull in towards the verge and you get all the crap flung up at you, I always try and pass vehicles asap (safely) if they move over, or drop back a lot if it's not going to happen.

I agree with Alex too, that when its filtering through miles of traffic it just isn't safe or practical to thank every vehicle that moves over, although I do still try to.

I've only been riding for 4 years but I always make a point to nod or wave at fellow bikers, if it's a group coming the other way I'll just hold my hand up rather than looking like a nodding Churchill dog lol. I get a response about 70% of the time but it seems to be the older boys that don't acknowledge, I wasn't sure if maybe some bikers aren't keen on sports bike riders.

It does annoy me when drivers dive into the verge when they see me, I know they think that they are being helpful, but sometimes I'm not interested in overtaking, or if I am I will do it when I decide it's safe, moving into the gutter a ft to the left isn't going to change that. There's a time and a place when it's helpful. Filtering etc.

I think a lot of car drivers mis-understand my road position (RHS of lane) as impatience not realising I'm just content to get a good view.

Last edited:
I think we should adopt the Team America secret signal when we see each other...

giphy.gif

I nod, but sometimes forget/am focussed.
Riding in London you just don't there's too many.
If it's a group I either wave with a left hand or nod once and be done with it.
I try, but ignore the twats on scooters. They are a f##kin liability as they think they can get through traffic better than everyone else. It's rare a day goes by going through London when I could quite happily punch one in the face!!

Yeah I agree Stephen. Or when they pull in towards the verge and you get all the crap flung up at you, I always try and pass vehicles asap (safely) if they move over, or drop back a lot if it's not going to happen.

I agree with Alex too, that when its filtering through miles of traffic it just isn't safe or practical to thank every vehicle that moves over, although I do still try to.
A lot on my journey in stay in the right lane and put the right indicator on. Why don't they just move over?!?

I try, but ignore the twats on scooters. They are a f##kin liability as they think they can get through traffic better than everyone else. It's rare a day goes by going through London when I could quite happily punch one in the face!!

I think I'd nod/wave a fellow RR inside the M25...outside I'm more friendly to others :)

A lot on my journey in stay in the right lane and put the right indicator on. Why don't they just move over?!?

Cars sitting in the right hand lane indicating right when the see a bike filtering are simply telling the rider that they have seen him and will not be suddenly trying to change lane. This is usually when sat in a lane of slow moving to stationary traffic where changing lanes to allow the bike to pass is neither viable or necessary.

Most times a car moves over to allow me to filter, I could easily have done so anyway, but I appreciate the gesture, and more importantly the acknowledgement that he's seen me - meaning that I can concentrate on the next car.

I think we are all pretty much observant when overtaking, I always acknowledge a car driver when I'm dipping in between cars irrespective if there is a reasonable gap, keeps me right and lets the driver know of my intentions, nothing worse than a group of bikers trying to slide into the same gap, we genrally leapfrog, one out one in, organised and methodical... Anyhow this started at me moaning at fellow oncoming riders lol.

Are you sure car drivers move over to be nice? I always thought they were moving over as they didn't trust I wouldn't scrape along the side of them. Something I wouldn't thank them for :)

Ive never had problems with that afc... its all about control... I feel no threat from car drivers as I give them plenty of space and try and be as visible as I can with a nice drop of my left hand as I slide in, just respect mate plain and simple

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back