Hi there

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJUK

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Dom, like in West Yorkshire. Just joined, and need some help already. I own a BMW s1000rr sport 10plate and the front right indicator doesn't work. Just the front right.... Bulb is fine as I've tried it in the other side. Rear works but the front right won't. Even on the hazards.

Also, I have a akraprovic slip on exhaust on the bike, I want the headers and connector but can't seem to find anywhere to buy them from without buying a full system. Don't suppose anyone knows where to source one from?

Other than that the bike is great. And I'm looking forward to reading some posts.

Dom

hi and welcome, sounds like it could be a wiring fault on that side. remove that side of the fairing (did mine last week and its quite easy with a torx screw driver number T25 and a Phillips screw diver for the black plastic trim at the top) and check the indicator connector hasn't come adrift, also check the wiring/bulb socket hasn't corroded in the indicator housing . I doubt whether its a handlebar switch issue as the rear one works OK. I'm no expert but hope this helps :)

I thought that. Everyone else on here thinks its the switch, but I can't help but think if the rear works (flashes quickly because the front isn't working) it can't be the switch. Otherwise the rear wouldn't light up either. It's booked in for a mot on Monday. If I haven't fixed it by then looks like I'll have to pay someone to look at it.... ��

Forgot to mention, I checked the bulb socket first and it looks perfect.

LOL yeh just read the other posts, looks like it could be the switch circuit board after all:stupid:, have to let us know what it turns out to be

Still going to take the fairing off tomorrow I think. Have a little look before someone else charges me to look. But yeah I'll let you all know. Knowing my luck, it'll be the switch and they won't sort it free of charge!

Yep, the wire had become unplugged. Went for it's mot and I need new front brake pads. Been quoted £100.77. Nearly dropped the phone! Haha. There is 8 pads though I suppose.

I know. Couldn't believe it, but I suppose there what apply the braking...

Back