Hi. New S1000R Owner - Lovin' it!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d3b

Reaction score
Picked up my S1000R last night and went straight out for a tootle.
What a bike!! Coming from a Kawasaki Z750 it was a bit of a shock, but I've had litre sports bikes in the past so soon got used to it.
The Brembo brakes are awesome and the smooth power delivery really stands out. I'm putting my little red key in tonight so I can try Dynamic Pro mode over the weekend. :D

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new R!

BMW certainly made an amazing engine for the S1K?s, they never fail to impress [emoji4]

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
Hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Last edited:
Picked up my S1000R last night and went straight out for a tootle.
What a bike!! Coming from a Kawasaki Z750 it was a bit of a shock, but I've had litre sports bikes in the past so soon got used to it.
The Brembo brakes are awesome and the smooth power delivery really stands out. I'm putting my little red key in tonight so I can try Dynamic Pro mode over the weekend. :D
Fingers crossed it's stays fine, enjoy [emoji51]
Ian

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Welcome d3b. May your new R give you miles of smiles.

Not wishing to put you off, there are dedicated 'R' forums too, in case you'd not found them, but the RR forum has the best people! :D
There's lots of commonality in parts etc too, so what fits one can often fit the other, which is very handy.

Welcome d3b. May your new R give you miles of smiles.

Not wishing to put you off, there are dedicated 'R' forums too, in case you'd not found them, but the RR forum has the best people! :D
There's lots of commonality in parts etc too, so what fits one can often fit the other, which is very handy.

Hi Alex,
Yeah I have found some other forums but this one looked most interesting so thought it worth joining.
Lots of common parts between the bikes so it's all relevant.

Hope the fine weather keeps up for a bit so I can get a few miles on before the salt goes down!

D.

Hi Alex,
Yeah I have found some other forums but this one looked most interesting so thought it worth joining.
Lots of common parts between the bikes so it's all relevant.

Hope the fine weather keeps up for a bit so I can get a few miles on before the salt goes down!

D.

I've been out on New Years Day before! Plenty of time left this year! ...unless you're in the Highlands in which case...ship it to Spain?

Hi D3b, welcome to the site and well done on the new bike, had a go on one and find the seating position fantastic.

Enjoy your ride.

JimmyMac

I've been out on New Years Day before! Plenty of time left this year! ...unless you're in the Highlands in which case...ship it to Spain?

16 degrees in the Highlands at the weekend Alex, positively Tropical and the midges are all dead too, win win.

JimmyMac

Latest posts

Back