Hi, just traded up from a S1000R

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xmcc99

Reaction score
Had my 2015 S1000RR Sport for a month now and so far it's making my trusty old S1000R seem like a mobility scooter. Was immense on the Silverstone GP circuit last week and I'm looking forward to using it on a few more track days this year. I'll also be commuting on it so the cruise control and the heated grips are the icing on the cake. Surely the best real-world superbike?
Cheers
Ian

Thanks, yep, year-round biker so I usually do around 10K miles annually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Ian, despite one or two journos declaring the new Gixxer & Blade better than the S1K despite listing a number of fairly significant issues with both (a well trodden path each year to a) have a headline and b) stay in work by currying favour with the Japanese factories) I agree you're now the owner of the best all round superbike :)

Yes, like the Blade SP suddenly wins MCN super bike shootout despite being more expensive, smaller and slower on track than the RR .. go figure

Here it is, forged wheels too! Have put on SP Engineering tail tidy I had on my old S1000R since pic was taken, fender extenders, engine cases etc
571af478d10ec456dbf5de76972ad60f.jpg

Welcome to the forum Ian, definitely agree with you on the best real world sportbike!

Bike looks great, enjoy [emoji4]

Not so far, have crash bungs, usual engine covers and exhaust protector ... however, I've looked at getting some of the track fairings on ebay etc.. would u recommend?

Not so far, have crash bungs, usual engine covers and exhaust protector ... however, I've looked at getting some of the track fairings on ebay etc.. would u recommend?

I asked just because you posted a pic of your bike in road fairings. Recommend? Depends on how you ride at trackdays and appetite for risk. I ride my bike on trackdays in road trim with replacement cheap Chinese fairings, I'd still be pissed if I dropped it lol.

Last edited:
Yea, will probably go the same route, it's hard to forget how expensive those BM fairings are whilst tootling round

I also upgraded from an R, just got back from a weekend in Scotland and the RR is much more comfortable over distance, really pleased with my decision to change.

Yes, loved the R but the RR is best of both worlds ... real-life comforts and full-fat sports bike handling

Latest posts

Back