Hi from Jersey

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bakedbeats

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

In a nutshell: I live in Jersey, I'm 34 today and I've bought myself a birthday present of a 2011 s1rr. I can't wait to pick it up later this week, hence I am on a s1rr forum instead of working this afternoon!

I only have a brief biking history of about 8 years. Having had supermotos and a kwak 636 in the past, most my riding is now off road enduro/trails on a ktm 300 exc.

I've had the itch for another sports bike for a year or two, mainly because I miss the track days I used to do on the 636. It's a bit irritating to own such a bike in Jersey, but worth it for the occasional rides in France, the UK or at tracks. I only went to test the BMW for a bit of fun, but was so amazed at how good it was that I ended up making an offer! It just seemed really smooth, to fit well, easy to ride even at low revs (which is a bonus over here!) and to have v. impressive power delivery. I also took out a Fireblade and an 1199 S but, unlike those two, I felt at home on the beemer immediately.

Anyway, now that I've bored you all, I look forward to participating here and relying on your collective knowledge of my new toy.

Cheers,

Giles

Happy birthday Giles, welcome. At least a couple of others with sthou bikes on your island here.

Well, there's nothing actually here, so it varies and it's never cheap once the travel is factored in. People tend to head to France as it's so close & other Euro tracks, often for days run by UK companies.

Latest posts

Back