Hi Folks From Scotland .

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linden

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, Ordered my second ever bike 3 weeks ago and it had to be a 1000rr sport hopefully i have done the right thing :)

I get it on Tuesday 1st Sep when the new reg comes out 65 plate (can't wait)

I absolutely love the look and sound of them so fingers crossed its not to much for me to handle as i have only had licence 1 year and been used to my gsxr600 l3, plus they would not give me a test drive of the rr due to time held licence :(

Im hoping i will be kept right on here :friendly_wink:

Hi and welcome along. The bike is only as fast as you want to go. I bought a 1300cc bike 3 months after my test and got on fine. Insurance was a bit steep though :).

The BMW is always a good choice for a litre sports bike IMO, lots of safety electronics.

Hi Linden,
Yep sunny Scotland, can't beat the weather here....
You will love your new bike. I also didn't ride one when I ordered mine, you have nothing to worry about.
Enjoy it when it arrives.

Hi Linden, enjoy you're new bike when it arrives. Where are you getting it from? I had never ridden a real sports bike until 3 years ago when I tried the RR when my Adventure was getting serviced at John Clarks at Dundee. Two days later I bought my first RR, 2 HP4s later I'm still here. They really are tame if caressed and animals when required. You will be fine like Loupe and Soofsayer says, its only as fast as YOU make it. If you ride it slow it gives pedestrians more time to get jealous of how handsome you are behind your tinted visor!! LOL

Enjoy JimmyMac

Thanks very much everyone for the replys i feel much better about it already :encouragement:

I am not a quick rider anyway and im actually happy it comes restricted for first 600miles as i think that will give me a chance to get used to the extra ooommmfff lol as i am sure its gonna be a lot different from my gsxr!

Jimmy- I am getting it from Douglas park motorrad in East Kilbride they seem decent enough in there and it was the only place i could see that had one sitting in showroom and it just so happened to be the closest to me so happy days .

I fully agree on it only goes as fast as you make it go, and took in the good saying "the throttle goes both ways" plus as Jimmy says gives more people a chance to see how stunning they are and get really jealous just like i was getting :)

So to finish it off if anyone sees a brand new rr motorsport at the back of a group of bikes give me a wave as its ME :eek:illeak: haha

Thanks Guys

Back