Hi Everyone

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParaRog

Reaction score

Hi one and all

Just joined the forum as only today I have been a bought myself a new track toy, an immaculate 2012 1000rr.

I was riding a well sorted 2015 R1 until last November when I sort of fell out of love with bikes, or so I thought how wrong I was.

So I wanted a change of bike and found a belting bike with very low miles and did the deal today, very excited.

Cheers

Rog

Welcome to the forum Rog and congratulations on your new RR!

This might be a bit of a daft question seeing as you've gone to the Bavarian side lol, but what did you think of your 15 R1? Would be interesting to hear your opinion, particularly once you've had a chance to properly test out your RR :)

So what do you think made you fall out of love with riding for a while? Am glad to hear you're back on two wheels (and a terrific steed at that too!).

Will your RR be solely a track day bike, or will it do duel duty?

Enjoy the forum, it's a very friendly place indeed, and may you have many happy miles ahead on your new RR :)

Oli

Hi Oli

Thanks buddy, it will be a track only bike not road ridden for a long time now, so now hoping to find some good parts for sale on here for the new weapon :)

The R1 (sorry to say it) was mega, had it fuelled correctly and set up but it was easy to go fast on it, the electronics are amazing just hope the BMW is as good, but I'd spent a lot on it and wasn't using it due to the usual work and career stuff and couldn't justify it sitting there not getting used.

Having some knee surgery Friday then hoping to be 100% for 2018 when I can get back out on the Euro track days and enjoy the new machine.

Rog

Hi one and all

Just joined the forum as only today I have been a bought myself a new track toy, an immaculate 2012 1000rr.

I was riding a well sorted 2015 R1 until last November when I sort of fell out of love with bikes, or so I thought how wrong I was.

So I wanted a change of bike and found a belting bike with very low miles and did the deal today, very excited.

Cheers

Rog
Welcome, sounds like you hiatus may have worked [emoji106][emoji965]️

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Hi rog, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your bike purchase. Hope the surgery goes well for you.

Glad you enjoyed your R1 Rog, a friend of mine has one and they're indeed amazing track day bikes.
I hope you are throughly impressed with your RR too, particularly once you get it set up to your liking.

As Soof says, I hope your surgery goes well and you are fighting fit again soon! Just remember to be "a patient, patient" as my surgeon said to me! :)
Sounds like a good plan getting ready for 2018, and what a way to kick things off with a Euro track day :)

Oli

Hi and thanks everyone.

I will be looking for some after market bits and pieces over the next few months, suspension possibly, clip-ons etc. stuff like that so if anyone is looking to sell anything please drop me a message and let me know what you have.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back