Hi all, new today, looking forward to learning more, and joining in.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking at the mo at an ex demonstrator, with 1100 miles on it, in black with the full performance pack on it. It's a 2015 model, on a "64" reg... At ?13k seems to me like a good deal.... Your thoughts guys/girls???

Are you sure it's an ex-demonstrator and not an ex-BMW management bike ? I bought mine last month, March 2015 S1000RR, performance pack, forged wheels in red / white with 1200 miles on it - it was an ex management bike as opposed to an ex-demonstrator.

They told me on the phone today it was their ex demonstrator. I'm viewing it Friday, so can confirm/clarify this at the time. Not 100% what the "management" term means, but I'm guessing probably used by someone higher up, as a personal bike, rather than a demonstrator, hence lack of use equal long the lowish mileage?

Hi FF, the ex management bikes are available as a perk to all BMW employees, they get to lease a bike or car for a ludicrously low amount per month , but are only allowed to keep them for a fixed term of 6 months or a year before they have to give them back and take another new one. There are some very young trainee techs that are running about in M series cars up my way and the local manager of the dealership explained it to me when I told him he was paying his staff too much money! He showed me on the computer the deals that they are offered, the one that stuck in my mind was a GS 800 for ?10 a month.
Some brilliant deals to be had as some staff take them but rarely use them.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Hi JimmyMac.. That makes sense then, as I spoke to Motorrad in Park Lane and they told me they had a 2015 that was an employees one, that had very little use, and only 200 miles on it, and at a good price. But it's a Motorsport coloured one, and I'm after a black one.... Typical, eh? Lol

I remember in the 90s an ex girlfriend's father was senior at the Rover plant in Oxford and they got similar crazy cheap deals on the cars, but ?10 pcm for a bike is worth doing just for kicks.

FF - That bike would make a whole lot more sense if it was ex management (management being a loosely used description). Either way hope it is 'the one' for you and you get your bike for the weekend!

Well, my deal is done....
I've put deposit down today on a 15 plate black sport, with performance pack, 1000 miles, private owner, and bike being traded in next week. But I'll not get it for 7 to 10 days, as I'm getting Akrapovic and rear pillion bits fitted... So all in all, it'll be a great Xmas present to myself :)

then the fun will start, on those rare reasonable winter days...

Well done , enjoy the bike. I toyed with getting a black one but opted for the motorsports one thinking they'd be relatively rare as it had a ?395 premium. Don't regret it though, I love it .

Well done i bet you are hoping for some dry weather now....Spring is not that far away.

Well done , enjoy the bike. I toyed with getting a black one but opted for the motorsports one thinking they'd be relatively rare as it had a ?395 premium. Don't regret it though, I love it .

I went for the Motorsport too.
Was tempted to get the black but was put off when the salesman pointed that they weren't as fast.

Thanks all, and yes, very much looking forward to spring and the dry days and roads again.

I guess I'll just have to put up with having a slow one then.. At least it'll give the public a better chance to admire the BMW beauty as I crawl slowly past them 😝😝

Thanks all, and yes, very much looking forward to spring and the dry days and roads again.

I guess I'll just have to put up with having a slow one then.. At least it'll give the public a better chance to admire the BMW beauty as I crawl slowly past them 

lol. Nice one on the new bike, I prefer black too, have changed my HP4 to mostly black and I can confirm it is quicker now :).

Good choice of bike. I was after a Black one too but once I had seen the MS colour in the dealer it persuaded me otherwise Ended up with a 65 plate 1 owner with 9 miles, performance pack, alarm and forged wheels. great deal!

Hi Colin. Was a private sale. Long story but gentleman needed rid of it and I was there at the right time. Headed straight away with van to collect, happy days! Deal of the century for me. Was close to buying one from motorrad tunbridge wells who had 2 demonstrators but could only run 1 so it only had 300 miles on it.

Hi Colin. Was a private sale. Long story but gentleman needed rid of it and I was there at the right time. Headed straight away with van to collect, happy days! Deal of the century for me. Was close to buying one from motorrad tunbridge wells who had 2 demonstrators but could only run 1 so it only had 300 miles on it.

Sound like an awesome deal, only 9 miles FFS.....maybe we'll get a out for a blast in the better weather.......Falkirk boys lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back