Hi all, new today, looking forward to learning more, and joining in.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastfattie

Reaction score
Hi all.... I'm in Kent. Not as yet an owner, but looking for a 2015 S1000RR to join the fold..

looking forward to to joining in with what I can, when I can.

Thanks all.

FF.

Hi FF, welcome to the site. You're picking the right time to buy, hopefully you'll get a great deal in the quiet months.

JimmyMac

Thanks Jimmy. My thinking too, that this was the time to buy. But the dealers are playing quite hard ball at the mo, nothing much being discounted yet.
I really would prefer a very low miles secondhand bike, so I don't get to stomach the initial depreciation of a new bike. There seem to be a number of very low miles Motorsport coloured ones, but I'm favouring the all black, but not get found one with very low miles on it, when I say low, I mean a few hundred miles, as there are a few Motorsport ones as I said..
i shall continue the search, and try and haggle the best deal I can for myself.. Then the fun will really start ����

I think my dealers sales quarter finishes at the end of January, it's amazing what missing targets does for their game of hardball! Best of luck.

JimmyMac

Hi welcome to the site. I bought mine last december around the 17th, second hand 2014 model. They were very quiet in the showrooms so may be better to wait until just before Christmas...

Thanks Jimmy. My thinking too, that this was the time to buy. But the dealers are playing quite hard ball at the mo, nothing much being discounted yet.
I really would prefer a very low miles secondhand bike, so I don't get to stomach the initial depreciation of a new bike. There seem to be a number of very low miles Motorsport coloured ones, but I'm favouring the all black, but not get found one with very low miles on it, when I say low, I mean a few hundred miles, as there are a few Motorsport ones as I said..
i shall continue the search, and try and haggle the best deal I can for myself.. Then the fun will really start ����

Hi. Just be mindful of very low mileage bikes and checking the running in service at around 600 miles has or has not been done. There will be loads of MS colour bikes about, seems to be what the vast majority bought when the bikes came out. I'm with you on the black, seemingly rare.

In terms of discount I would expect deals to be better in Jan/Feb/March when they need to move old stock ready for the new season.

I'm looking at the mo at an ex demonstrator, with 1100 miles on it, in black with the full performance pack on it. It's a 2015 model, on a "64" reg... At ?13k seems to me like a good deal.... Your thoughts guys/girls???

If it has forged wheels too then its about ?16.5k worth of bike new, so not bad I guess. Maybe I'm getting this wrong but a 64 plate bike would have been registered before March 2015, so that is at least 9 months ago. A demo bike with 1100 miles in 9 months just doesn't sound right to me?

edit - were there any new model rr bikes with the 64 reg or were they all 15 plates?

Last edited:
There are 64 plate MY15's out there. The Lind dealership in Norwich had one as a demo. in fact the ex-demo's are likely to be 64 plates as most owners wouldn't take delivery until Sept.

It's definitely a 2015 bike on a 64... It was registered late Feb, so does stack up in that respect.... And stock wheels too, no expensive wheels

Ive only found about 5 2015s in black for sale at the mo, this being the lowest mileage one. There are only a very few 2015 series 3 RRs for sale at less than ?13k, so, the price from the Motorrad dealer, I didn't think was bad???

Strange that they registered it at the end of February? Couldn't have been that many guys desperate to take it for a test ride and not wait a few more days! Might have been a bit warmer down south than it was up here though...
Hope you get the bike.

There are a number of reasons why.

My guess is that they are likely to be 1 or all of;
A) BMW told them to.
B) Financial / Tax for getting the bikes registered before March.
C) Not having a bike available at a main dealer, just because of a plate change, is lame.

Last edited:
Sorry for getting rabbits running but my question about 64 plates was inaccurate - because the bike was launched in Feb of course there would be pre march bikes about. Why a demonstrator has taken 9 months to cover 1100 miles was my original thinking?

Alex you are right, many reasons it may have been registered when it was..

The mileage is low for a demo granted, but that being said, I'd imagine there are less people with money to seriously consider buying one, so I guess maybe less people to want to test them?? Just a thought.

Im going to look at it on Friday, so hopefully all will check out, and it'll be mine in the not too distant future. If not, there will be others. :)

I recommend, for maximum resale the bike you get should be;
S1000RR Sport
+ Performance Pack

(Ideal)
++ Forged Wheels

That's the model I'm looking to buy Alex.... But call me strange... The matt finish I've seen on the forged wheels puts me off them.. If a bike came up with them on, it wouldnt stop me buying it, but for me, it's not a "must have"

That's the model I'm looking to buy Alex.... But call me strange... The matt finish I've seen on the forged wheels puts me off them.. If a bike came up with them on, it wouldnt stop me buying it, but for me, it's not a "must have"

I can appreciate that. But, if they are the same as the HP4 wheels then they give you access to other trick bits, like better rotors, without major changes. They reduce unsprung weight which improves the ride in every single way.

Or get some forged OZ's in Gold :)

There are a number of reasons why.

My guess is that they are likely to be 1 or all of;
A) BMW told them to.
B) Financial / Tax for getting the bikes registered before March.
C) Not having a bike available at a main dealer, just because of a plate change, is lame.

Yes, you're absolutely right. I was thinking more as a consumer, that I'd prefer a 15 plate instead of a 64 plate if I were buying one second hand and not the financial advantages for the dealer.
Then again, if I was getting it for a few grand less then I don't suppose it would bother me much at all.

If it has forged wheels too then its about ?16.5k worth of bike new, so not bad I guess. Maybe I'm getting this wrong but a 64 plate bike would have been registered before March 2015, so that is at least 9 months ago. A demo bike with 1100 miles in 9 months just doesn't sound right to me?

edit - were there any new model rr bikes with the 64 reg or were they all 15 plates?

Mines a 64 plate, the first owner buying it at the beginning of Feb, then trading it in at the beginning of March with 299 miles on as he wanted one with forged wheels, why he didn't buy them separately is anyone's guess.....! Anyway his strange decision was my gain as I got a well specced, unmarked '15 bike at a pleasing discount.

Latest posts

Back