Help oil change in DDC electronic fork BMW S1000RR K 67

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrMig

Reaction score
Hello,

Well, since I have an oil leak in the right bar of my motorcycle, I have to proceed to change the fork seals as well as the fork oil. The problem is that in the tutorials that I have seen for this purpose, it is indicated that you should write down the values (compression, extension) and then it is advised before disassembling to open the hydraulics completely, but and here comes my question, is how to do this, since at the top of the left bar it has a cover through which a cable comes out underneath and on my right bar there is another black cover and there is no sign of any adjustment screw, so I suppose this will have to be done from the dashboard of controls, but in the manuals that I have only conventional fork bars with extension compression screws, etc. appear...
BMW's best-kept super secret, how to make the suspension forks with DDC, which not even their own workshop manuals indicate......

Could someone tell me how to change the oil on this type of forks?

What would these levels be for each fork? And the air chamber that must be left in each fork bar?
Is this data correct for the bmw S1000RR k67?
Fork oil capacity:
Left fork: 155ml
Air gap: 135mm + or - 2mm
Right fork: 495ml
Air gap: 190 + or – 2 mm
Because now I'm thinking that both the workshop manual and the user manual that I have show the same oil level for both bars since they only show conventional forks without DDC, but I see that with DDC the bar has different oil levels. left from right.
Uff! I need a tutorial for dummies on changing oil to forks with DDC.

Thank you for your attention and help. Greetings.

So those figures are correct. Yep, BMW really didn't think about the DDC electrical connector on the left fork as you have to use a very fine pick to 'release' the pins to remover the connector so you can completely remover the top cap. It's a pain in the arse to be honest. Bearing in mind that the DDC cartridges are 'closed' cartridge ie the actually oil you add to the fork leg is only to provide an air gap and lubrication, the cartridge is sealed. IMHO I would just drain the forks over night and add the specified amount of oil into each leg without completely stripping them. I've tried various air gaps and found an extra 20ml to the right leg made a big difference. I was hitting the bump stop on heavy braking and it's less than the visible travel on the leg. On my forks with std springs, actual bottom of the stroke was 13mm up from the bottom of the actual chrome slider. Hope this helps. J

Back