Helmet paint

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Anyone on here ever painted a helmet ? Its just a thought that I could paint my Arai...Everyone locally is booked up for ages in advance.

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yea i recall that post last year Ryan. I meant has anyone DIYd their lid.. may have a solution anyhow theres a lad that will wrap it for 45 quid...may be the way to go

Helmet Paint

Having received lots of pictures of my Arai helmet being prepared and then painted at various stages by Rich-Art Concepts, I'm pretty certain I wouldn't want to attempt painting one myself.

Lol. It was just plain matt black I meant... I dont fancy forking out 4 or 500 quid for what will become a second lid. Ive done a bit of spraying and panel beating in the past so wouldnt think the lid would be too difficult. [emoji106]

Last edited:
My first lid I ever painted was a NO NO... polycarb and I painted it pretty good...till I found out that cellulose and poly dont exactly go together very well... lol... the things you do when your 15.

I remember those polycarb lids, even putting stickers on delaminated them but I seem to remember fibreglass helmets back then cost a packet and weighed a tonne?

Mine was a centurion Sprint Mac. Cost me 18 quid.. think I earned that per week when I started working..

Haha. No I dont actually, so that makes you older than me FSM... or even Jimmy Mac.....imagine being older than him... actually I think he had one of them on today lolol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back